A Blind Detective

Terezi's p.o.v.

Don't ask me how I can drive. Never ask a Pyrope how she drives. A Blind Prophecy has restrictions, but that doesn't mean she can't break boundaries.

The school bell rang 10 minutes ago, and now my hand is grabbing at my car's door. A wave of kiwi rushes me, the smell of my car's color as the door swings open. I put my backpack in the passenger seat and sit down in the driver's. I pull out my phone and flip up the screen, feeling around the raised keys to my contacts, to Latula, and to call.

The phone picks up and her voice rang out. "Yo! Little sis! What do you need?"

"I don't need anything, I'm going to the station for a bit."

A sigh came from the phone. "Terezi, are you still driving?"

"Been doing it for a year now."

"I know, it's just..."

"You can't smell for shit but you still eat food without throwing up. You can't smell a rose but you can see it. I've only grazed a couple of fences. You've seen me navigate the roads on foot for a year before I started driving, plus, I can smell colors and hear objects." I clentched my fists. "I will be fine."

"Okay. I trust you." She said. "Have fun."

I hung up the phone and put the car into ignition. I drove out of the parking lot and drove to the station. Once I turned off the car, I laid back on my seat and smiled a toothy smile. I then blasted Green Day on my cd player and rocked out in my parked car for about 10 minutes in the police station parking lot. Suck it! I didn't hit a single car!

A knocking came at my door window and I faced toward the sound, turning down my music and rolling down the window.

"Ma'am? I will have to ask you to go somewhere else if- oh wait. It's you again, isn't it?" A man's voice said.

I felt around my shirt, checking my existence. Then I snapped my fingers and grinned. "I think it is me! Oh boy, I couldn't tell because I can't see, but now that I am hearing my voice, I can confirm that I am Terezi Pyrope, your best student."

"This isn't a school, Daredevil."

Daredevil... There is only one officer at this station that calls me that. "I've always known that you are salty with me, Officer Miller."

"Going to see Daniel?"

"Yes I am." I unbuckled my seatbelt. "Thought I might take a gander at how he's doing, what he is doing, and how he is doing it." I paused for a moment and frowned. "Shit. You get what I mean, mostly just listen."

Officer Miller opened the door for me and I stepped out, nodding my head as a thank you. "Well, just so you know he is in the middle of an interrogation right now. Got a physical harassment case up his sleeve so you are in luck. Maybe, if I look into it, I can get you behind the window so you can listen."

"Aren't things like this confidential?"

We started to walk up the steps. "This is Maple Valley. This boy is wrapped up in two cases, poor man, seems to me that in this station everyone knows about it already." His voice came closer, and he jabbed my arm with his elbow. "And you are basically part of the crew."

My insides bubbled up and I raced down  the sidewalk, my scalemate cane smacking the concrete obnoxiously. "Yes!"

I greeted with the receptionist and I sat on a waiting room chair as Officer Miller talked with some other people in the station to see if I can listen to the interrogation. The door opened and his voice boomed out to me like a proud uncle. "Alright, Daredevil! Come with me. You may listen to it behind the window, but if you need to talk to him wait until after he cools off, you are fine talking to me though. There are witnesses and friends of the victum who are listening to it too, don't talk to them they already went through enough."

This really is serious, huh? "Okay, I will keep  my distance." I held onto Officer Miller's arm as he led me through the halls. He then opened a door and voices boomed around the room.

"He did it! He did it! He did it!"

"This fucking Fish-Bastard, he is insane!"

"...This is making me uncomfortable..."

"I really hate this guy."

Their voices, except for the hysterically insane one repeating the same damn words, all stopped when I walked in. I smelled cherries and my face heated up. "...Karkat?"

"Terezi?" Three voices said back. One of them had a lisp.

"Yo, what are you doing here, TZ?" Sollux asked.

"They know you?" Officer Miller asked and I nodded, walking into the room.

I sat in one of the seats between Karkat and Dave. "Yeah, they are my friends."

Miller said his goodbyes and left the room, leaving me, Sollux, Karkat, and Dave alone only with the sound of Eridan yelling at Detective Daniel. I should have known. It's been under my nose the whole time, I've should have known. Eridan has been harrassing Karkat. He has been beating him up and all this time I didn't know.

My eyes started to water up as I continued to hear Eridan yell. "I love him! I love him! He did this to me, he made me do this it was inevitable." Tears streamed down my face and my shoulders shook as Karkat and Sollux argued amongst themselves.

My face became screwed up and I cried quietly, leaning into Dave as Karkat and Sollux were distracted. He put his arm around me. "Terezi? Why are you crying?" He whispered. But I didn't answer. I just sobbed silently into his chest. Karkat... He has been going through this, oh god... Oh god I am so clueless.