P R O L O G U E

"Eomma! I'm leaving!" I called out as I struggled to put on my shoes with only one hand, holding my handbag with the other. The shuffling of slippers are soon heard, as my beloved mother rushes over to me.

"But you haven't had your breakfast, sweetie!"

"It's okay, eomma. I'll get something on my way, don't wanna be late!" I chime with a grin, leaning forward to give her a kiss on her cheek before rushing off.

"See you later, eomma! Love you!" She laughs and sends me off with a wave, not forgetting to wish me luck.

Yes, after all the hard work in college, I've finally graduated! College was hectic, I'd have to admit. So if I've lived through that, I'm determined that I can most definitely survive this interview. The interview for my dream job in one of the largest company here in Korea. 

But in the end, it's just an interview, right?

Stepping into my favorite cafe not too far away from my house, I inhaled the familiar coffee aroma, hoping for it to calm my nervous self at least a little bit. I should really stop thinking too much, since I might accidently jinx myself -which happened way too often-.

"Oh, Hyunnie!" And there goes Kim Seokjin, the outgoing, extremely good looking coffee shop owner who used to be my sunbae in college. He waves at me cheerfully as I walk over to the counter where he stood with a bright smile.

"Hi, sunbae!" I grin. 

"Aigoo~ I told you to just call me oppa, didn't I? We're not in college anymore, Hyunji-ah." He points out with a little frown which disappeared almost as soon as it appeared. 

"The regulars?" He asks with both his eyebrows raised, and I nod at him before fishing in my bag for my purse.

"Ah, no need for that. I heard your interview's today, so it's my treat. Good luck, hyunnie!" He smiles the smile that could probably kill half of the female population in Korea. Thanking him with a grateful grin, I grab onto the cup of Macchiato and Croissant he held out and bid him goodbye before leaving the cafe.

I have a feeling that today will go on smoothly! And right after that thought, someone bumps into me from behind, causing me to spill my coffee and wetting my blouse in the process.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" The man asks, concern laced in his voice. But I only stared down at my now ruined outfit, groaning internally before turning to face the man who is surprisingly tall and not to mention, innocent looking as he stares at me with huge doe eyes.

"I-It's okay, I'm fine!" I laugh bitterly, trying to shrug the matter off while internally, I'm really trying very hard not to go jump off a random building.

"Your clothes... They're ruined.." He juts his bottom lip a little, a sad look overtaking his features.

Oh wow. How can one be so cute.

"Don't worry about it, I can just go change. It's fine, sir. Really." I smile at him, which didn't really remove the obvious frown on his face. He hastily shoves his hand into his coat pocket and pull out his wallet, later passing me a piece of business card with a sorry look.

"You can go buy a new set of clothes, and I'll pay for it. Just.. give me a call?" I slowly nod at him. No point in arguing since I have a feeling that he's not going to let this go even if I insisted.

"It's settled then! I'm really really sorry about your clothes, I-"

"It's okay, sir. You don't have to keep apologizing." I chuckle, and he grins, pointing at the business card in my hand.

"Jeon Jungkook. You can just call me Jungkook, I don't really like it when people use formalities anyways!" I nod at him with a small laugh at his bubbly personality.

"I'm Hyunji. Kim Hyunji. It's nice to meet you, Jungkook."

-

I ended up running my way over to the company. I was so into my conversation with Jungkook, that I've completely forgotten about the interview. And now here I am, all sweaty from the running, waiting outside the office since I'm late by 12 minutes and now had to wait for everyone else to finish before it's my turn.

I sat at the chair placed outside, and fiddle with the hem of my blouse out of habit of nervousness. I've worked so hard in college,  if I blow this off then, all my hard work would go down the drain. I have to get this job. No matter what.

Not long after, I feel a tap on my shoulder, pulling me out of my trance. It's a lady, hair tied up into a neat bun. She smiles at me warmly,

"Miss Kim Hyunji? It's your turn, you can head in now."  Nodding curtly, I offer her a thankful smile and stood up, taking a deep breath before pushing open the door to the air-conditioned office.

The first thing I noticed in the room is a white haired man with extremely pale skin. He glanced at me with a cold gaze before motioning for me to take a seat before him as he goes through my resume.

It was awkward. For me. Because this man before me is not asking questions. He's quietly reading as if I'm not even here. Is he waiting for me to say something? 

"Uh.. S-"

"Did I ask you to speak?" He raises his head to glare at me, causing me to shiver in fear. I quickly shake my head and straighten my back,

"N-no, sir. I'm sorry." Seemingly unsatisfied with my answer -or my existence itself- , he rolls his eyes and resume reading. It feels like I've been sitting there, cold and anxious, forever before he finally looks up at me with a bored expression,

"Academically, I'd say that your achievement is quite impressive. However," he intertwines his fingers together before continuing, "Coming for an interview in that. I don't think that's very appropriate." He raises a brow at me, making me look down in embarrassment.

"I-I bumped into a guy-"

"No, stop. I didn't ask for your explanation. You can leave for now, and wait for our call." He informs, uninterested, and tidies up the stack of papers on his desk. Seeing that I have yet to move from where I'm seated, he frowns as he stares at me. 

Flustered and awkward, I slowly stood up and bow at him, thanking him for his time and left the building.

Mhm. So much for today going on smoothly.

-

Taehyung's doing it again. Staring at a picture of the girl he had loved so much. He didn't know why he do it. Because he was still in love with her? Even though it's been 7 years? Or was it because of guilt? Because he was the reason why she had been through so much pain? Taehyung doesn't know. And he couldn't stop himself from doing it either.

Soon, someone knocked on his door. He smoothly replies with a 'come in' as he swiftly slides the picture into one of his desk drawers.

"Tae." Yoongi greeted, and he grins at the sight of his hyung.

"Yoongi hyung! Have you finished the interviews?" He chimes, watching as the man takes a seat in front his desk.

"Mm. Here, I've already eliminated some to save your time." He places a few files on his desk and leans back against the chair. Taehyung smugs at him and reaches out for the files. He was going through the files with a poker face until one single name caught his attention.

Kim Hyunji

He furrows his eyebrows and burries his nose in the file as he reads with more seriousness. 

It's her.. It's her! He grins happily as he looks at her picture. She didn't change one bit.

"I wouldn't choose her if I were you. You might need to look at coffee stains everyday if you hire her." Yoongi yawns and stretches lazily, only to look at Taehyung later with a raised brow when he said, 

"She's the one. She's my personal assistant."