11

Jimin was fast.  

"Yah, Park Jimin!" Jin got to his feet the moment Jimin sent a punch straight at Taehyung's face. His face was blank as Jimin grabs onto his suit jacket and bellows, "You jerk!" 

Jin grabs onto the back of his shirt and attempts to pull him away, "You're not hitting anyone in my cafe! Park Jimin! Do you hear me? Back off. Right now!"

I recognize the look on Jimin's face. That was the expression that only appears when he's deeply offended or agitated. It was the same dark look he gave Haemin when she and her gang made fun of me. 

"How dare you! Who the hell gave you the right to touch her like that? Huh?! Hyung, let go of me!" He struggles against Jin's hold but fails miserably. I quickly move to calm Jimin down. 

"Hyunji?" Taehyung calls when he sees me, his eyes are now wide. He doesn't seem to realize that blood is now flowing from his nose. Jimin is still panting heavily beside me as Jin struggles to drag him away. 

"Sir, what happened?" A man appears at Taehyung's side. He looks to Jimin, and with a concerned look asks, "Is everything alright?"

"Yes. I'm sorry about this; you can make an order at the counter, sir." Jin forces a smile. He forcefully drags Jimin away to his seat and nags at him. I moved to return to our table, but Taehyung had grabbed onto my hand before I can do so.

"Hyunji," He starts but doesn't continue, his eyes meeting mine. I can feel my cheeks heat up, the part of my skin that meets his burns. And I look away because I can't bear to look into his eyes. The man beside him looks uncomfortable. And when Taehyung doesn't say anything for a while, he clears his throat and says, "Sir, your nose is bleeding."

Taehyung releases my hand at his voice. Just then, Jin rushes to his side. He apologizes repeatedly and offers to take him to the back of the cafe so he could help stop his bleeding nose. The man follows, and I was left standing in the middle of the cafe like an idiot. And the scene replays in my head. The way his lips parted; the feeling of his lips against mine; the way he stared at me. 

"Why can't you love me back?"

Did that come from the bottom of his heart? Or was it just his drunk self talking? I try to stop the feeling bubbling up in my heart. As if it pains me that I had to push him away. As if I miss him even though I see him every day. As if I need him.

As if I still love him.

"Yah, Kim Hyunji. Why're you just standing there?" Jimin appeared at my side, looking annoyed and confused. But once he sees my expression, his brows rise. And I know he knows. He sighs, now looking disappointed.

"Hyunji, don't tell me," he stops, waiting for my response, waiting for me to slap him on his arm and call him stupid. But I don't. Jimin shakes his head, "Jiji, you said you were over him. You said he's just a passing stranger in your life. You said he didn't matter. And now, you want him? Just because he told you he loves you; you're going to let down your defenses, and let him hurt you again?"

Jimin made his point, and he's right. I was so sure, so confident that Taehyung is no longer important to me. That I stopped thinking about him like I used to. That I stopped crying for him. What was I thinking? How could I let him creep into my mind; my heart again? Jimin made a face that says 'you should be ashamed of yourself', and I completely agree with him.

"No, I won't. Don't worry." I force a smile on my face, Jimin returns a hesitant one. 

"Oh well. Since you have a day off, we should hang out! Come on, let's get out of here! I'll text Jin hyung and let him know later." Jimin takes my hand and drags me out. I have no idea where he's taking me, but I allow him to lead me as my mind drifts away from reality. 

"Wow, look!" Jimin stops abruptly, later bending down to pick up a small, brown object. "An acorn!"

It took me a little while to come back to him, but I eventually did. I grimace at him, "Jimin, you're twenty-five, not five."

Jimin frowns, "Jeez, Jiji. You really are an idiot, aren't you? This is a lucky charm!" He says and shoves the little acorn in my hand, "There."

"Why're you giving me this if its a lucky charm?"

"Why because you're going to need some luck, of course." Jimin raises a brow, "I mean, look at you. You're going to have that douche around with you 24/7 for what? Five years?" 

I let out a tired sigh at that and Jimin's smile is lopsided, seemingly unable to decide whether he should make fun of me or feel sorry for me.

"Anyways!" Jimin fixes his weird smile to a grin, "Let's go get ice cream! Man, I've been craving for those since morning." He grabs onto my hand again and begins to walk.

"Yah, I wanna go home! I'm tired, stop walking so fast!"

"Aish, and what exactly are you gonna do at home, huh? Stop being such a grandma, seriously." After throwing me a judging look, he continues dragging me behind him, completely ignoring my grunts of protest. 

The voice rang through my head so suddenly, I thought I must've imagined it. But when a hand landed on top of ours, Taehyung came into view. I can see the scowl on Jimin's face, but my eyes are not on his. I'm looking straight at Taehyung.

"Hyunji, we need to talk."