6

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I ask while trying to ignore the unfamiliar feeling of his much larger hand around mine as we walk down the busy street. Jungkook only laughs cutely, his adorable bunny teeth showing. "Probably not. My dad's gonna kill me."

Yes, he probably is. Mr. Jeon is Taehyung's business partner and is very fond of him, which leads to Taehyung and Jungkook being extremely close. Jungkook was at the dinner meeting to learn, however, he must've gotten bored halfway. Then somehow, I got dragged into this.

How did I end up here?

"It's not too late to turn back now."

Please just go back already I don't wanna get sued for 'attempted kidnapping'-

"Don't worry, noona. I'll do all the explaining so just leave it to me." I nod without looking at him. And then it hits me.

"Jungkook-shi, I-"

"Ah, noona, what did I say about the formalities?"

"Why are you calling me noona?" He turns to look at me, confused. "Because you're older."

Did this boy do a background check on me after bumping into me last time?

"Hyung told me him and you were born in the same year." He says and grins, "You're still older than him by a few months though."

"Okay, Jungkook, I get it. Stop trying to make me feel old." This boy's a cheeky one.

"Noona, I'll buy you some clothes! You look uncomfortable in that dress." He pouts. Making a younger guy buy me clothes? I'll lose all my pride if I do so. I still have a bunch of made up excuses whirling in my head when Jungkook stops me in my place. It took me a while to let my surroundings sink in. My eyes shift to a large 'Prada' sign in the middle of the store, and I am immediately horrified. In the speed of light, I grab onto Jungkook and try to pull him out of the store.

"Jungkook! Are you crazy?! You know I can't afford those!" Did he really expect a PA like me to casually walk into a branded store?!

"But I still owe you-"

"Jungkook. NO."

"But-"

"No buts! You're not buying me clothes and that's final."

Taehyung must've told him a lot about me. How else would this boy know my weakness? His eyes turn sad, a pout form on his lips, and he starts fiddling his fingers. "But Hyunji noona... I feel bad for ruining your clothes the other day..."

This boy will be the death of me.

Without replying, I quickly pull him out of the store; the sickening smile of the salesman is making me feel extremely uncomfortable.

"Jungkook," I call out, but Jungkook refuses to meet my eyes. The fact that he looks like an eight-year-old right now is making my heart melt. It took me all I have to not coo at him and stroke that fluffy-looking hair of his.

"Jungkook-ah, look at me." Softening my voice seems to work well as he finally raises his head to look at me, eyes still sad and guilty. A smile creeps onto my face, "Why don't you get me coffee instead? I can use one right now."

__

"Noona, did I tell you you told pretty in that?"

"Yes Jungkook, you did." I sigh and take a small sip of my coffee. Jungkook grins, hands holding onto a cup of Americano. The fact that he drinks Americano is still left unprocessed in my brain. How does this cute, innocent, bunny-like boy drink something so bitter like that? He seems more like the type to drink hot chocolate with marshmallows.

"Noona, I like you."

My movements come to a halt at his words and I slowly look up at him from my cup with my eyes wide in bewilderment.

What is this boy saying now?

He looks at me, confused by my reaction. Then he panics.

"I don't like you in a weird way! I-I mean I like you because you're nice! It's just- you don't seem to be interested in money and you're different from everyone else; so I like you!" He blabbers. I can't help but let out a small chuckle at his now red cheeks.

He's such a cute ball of fluffiness. Jin will surely like him.

"Relax, Jungkook. I understand. And I like you too." He grins at my confession and beams. "So we're officially friends now, right?"

"Yes, of course." Jungkook's grin grows wider, "I-"

"Here you are, you brat!" A familiar deep voice rumbles behind me.

That's it. Goodbye, salary.

"Oh, Taehyung hyung." Jungkook seems completely unaffected by the appearance of the man as he sips on his coffee, the grin never leaving his face.

"What in the sweet world of Gucci are you doing here, sipping on coffee with my PA when you're supposed to be learning some important stuff you're going to need in the future? Mr. Jeon isn't happy with your behavior!" Taehyung pants, his face scrunched into a frown. Jungkook's grin only grows wider.

"Aigoo... Don't worry, hyung! Appa will be fine once he gets home. I did pretty well on my-"

"Yah yah, I'm not done with you, Kookie. If you wanna run out you can do it on your own. Who said you can take MY assistant with you, huh? I didn't hire her for you to take away as you wish."

"Hyung, you know today was supposed to be noona's day off. You're just trying to keep her all to yourself." The air in the atmosphere suddenly feels cold and heavy.

What are these two on about?

"...Did you just call her noona?" Taehyung arches a brow and crosses his arms. "What are you two doing behind my back?"

"Oh, nothing." Jungkook smiles innocently, amusement flashing in his eyes. 

"Jeon Jungkook, I swear, if you're fooling around with her-"

"Aigoo hyung, you know I'm not the type to fool around with other's feelings. Don't worry, she's all yours."  Somehow, hearing them talk flipped a switch in me. With the new rush of adrenaline in me, I stand up abruptly.

"Excuse me? I'm not one of your 'assets'. For your information, I don't belong to anybody. Listen well, I don't care if you're both born with silver spoons shoved in your mouths. And I don't care if you're the richest people in Korea either. You don't own me, you snotty rich people." I huff. Ignoring the two men who had their mouths hanging open, I grab my bag and walk out of the cafe. 

So what if I lose my job? It's not like my life depended on it.