9

"Ah... So that's how it is..." I nod slowly while Namjoon sighs, eyeing Taehyung who is now fast asleep beside him. Yoongi, who is leaning against Taehyung's marble black desk, shakes his head. He uncrosses his arms and shuffles across the room towards the exit.

"Tell him to give me a call when he wakes up." He says in his usual cold tone before exiting.

"I'm sorry you had to go through this, Hyunji, but I thought I clearly told you to never give him chocolate unless he's not in a good mood?" Namjoon says, his voice stern.

"Yes, you did... I'm so sorry, I just thought I shouldn't ruin his mood. I didn't know this would happen."

Namjoon sighs again, the frown on his face turning into a concerned look, "Are you sure you're okay? You're not hurt anywhere?"

I nod to reassure him, but the scene of what happened wouldn't stop replaying in my mind.

"I still love you."

My eyes widen at his words. I can feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins and my face burning up. My mind screams, 'Push him away! Push him away!' But my body refuses to comply. I can't move. I can't breathe.

He's too close.

His lips part as he stares at me, the hues of his eyes darkening. Taehyung doesn't say anything else. Our staring contest seems to have lasted forever, and I just can't bring myself to push him away. Slowly, he starts moving closer. Closer, closer. His eyes are on my lips.

No, no. I don't want this. I don't want this!

"Taehyung!" My hands rise to push against his chest, stopping him from moving closer. "Just- Just stop! Stop and get off me!"

Taehyung frowns. He grabs onto my hands and pins them above my head, restricting my movements.

"I said I still love you. Didn't you hear me? I said I love you!" I try to shake him off, kicking around and struggling desperately under his hold, but he wouldn't budge. He moves towards me again, his lips brushing against mine.

"Taehyung, please. Please stop." I can feel tears forming at the back of my eyes.

This is not Taehyung. This is not the man I fell in love with.

Taehyung stops to stare at me again. He must've noticed the tears pooling at the rim of my eyes. His eyes soften, "Why can't you love me back?" His lips are trembling. I shake my head and look away from his eyes, tears now rolling down the side of my face.

"Hyunji... I-" His words are cut off by the sound of the office door opening.

"Ah, what- What's going on here?!" Namjoon's eyes widen as he shrieks. I can see Yoongi behind him, eyes slightly widened like Namjoon's.

"Namjoon! Help!" I cry, my body is weak from struggling too much. Namjoon doesn't need to be told twice. He rushes over and peels Taehyung off me, the latter stumbles and goes limp in the man's arms.

"Aish. Hyunji, you okay?" I slowly sit up, wiping at my face as I do so. I nod slightly at Namjoon's question. Yoongi passes me a box of tissues. Though his face is expressionless, I notice his eyes soften.

-

"So you're telling me, he gets drunk on chocolate? Is that even a thing?" Jimin grimaces as Jin sets his jacket on my shoulders before sitting down beside me, frowning at my worn-out form. I shift in my seat, exasperation bubbles up in me as my aching shoulder throbs annoyingly.