2

"T-Tae?" I call out, my voice small and shaky. My mind is chaotic. Part of me wants to turn on my heels and dash out of the room, but the other part of me wants to go up ahead and slap that stupid smirk off his face. Out of all the smart, young, handsome guys in Korea, HE'S the Mr. Kim that I've been looking up to for the past 5 years?!

Unbelievable.

"Ahh.. you still call me that, hyunnie. I'd love that, but we're at work right now so it's Mr. Kim for you, Miss Kim." He says, that smirk still on his face while I still stand frozen to my ground, staring at him with my eyes wide.

"I- I'm not working here if you're 'THE' Mr. Kim, Taehyung." I glare at him as hard as I can, but he seem unaffected. He raises his eyebrows and puts his crossed legs up onto the table,

"Well.. I think it's a little too late for that since I assume you've already signed an employment contract.. that lasts for 5 years..?" He says, and then it struck me.

I did when I first met Namjoon this morning.

"So unless you wanna get sued, you better be good and listen to your boss, Miss Kim."

-

1 hour into the work and I'm already annoyed beyond imagination.

Not only was Taehyung bossing me around, he was also constantly staring at me which not to mention, makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. And when I look up from my desk -which locates at the side of the room- over to him, he would give me this smirk that really annoys me to the core.

I wanted to badly to push him out of that window.

"Miss Kim. Go get me a cup of coffee." He demands, and I groan before getting out of my seat and leaving the room. 

As I arrive at the third floor, everyone there stopped and stared at me. Confused, I stare back at them and luckily, a lady came to my rescue. She greets me with a smile and quickly drags me away to the break room.

"Are you okay?" She asks as soon as she closes the door to the room, and I nod at her with a small smile. It's was until later when I take a closer look at her face that I realize, she's the girl from the locker room.

"Ah, you're-"

"Song Jinhee. You saw me at the lockers just now." She grins and leans on the counter top as I proceed to make the coffee I was asked to make.

"Uh.. Why was everyone staring at me..?" I can hear her sigh before she answers my question.

"Because you're Mr. Kim's new assistant." She states, and I turn to raise a brow at her.

"And..?"

"Mr. Kim is actually known for being.. the cockiest boss there is. He fired his past assistants, all for ridiculous reasons. I guess, everyone's just waiting to see how long you could last." She frowns, and I could only sighed helplessly.

And there I was thinking about how great 'Mr. Kim' is.

"Oh! But something's weird!" She sudden exclaims and gets off the table top to stroll over to me.

"The locker! You're the first to have one that huge. So this must mean something.." She grins and wiggles her eyebrows at me, making me roll my eyes at her.

"I don't think he treated me any different from the other employees though. He's cocky. And bossy. And irritating. Wait, did I mention he's bossy?" She only laughs with a head shake, patting me on my shoulder.

"Cheer up, girlfriend! I think we should hang out later, what do you say?" Hearing those words brought a grateful smile onto my face as I hum in response.

-

"You took exactly 14 minutes and 37 seconds to brew a cup of coffee. Not very efficient, Miss Kim." Taehyung comments after taking a sip of the coffee, and I couldn't help but to secretly roll my eyes at his attitude.

"Making fresh coffee would naturally take more time, sir. I tried to be as fast as possible." I explain with a forced smile, and seeing how he raised a brow at me, I don't think he's convinced.

"Well then, I'll let you off this time. But if you take more than 10 minutes next time, you'll get a punishment." He says with a wink and proceeds to sign his bunch of papers. Honestly, I'm a little taken back by the wink, but not wanting to embarrass myself, I fast walk back to my own desk.  It was only then that I realize, that my cheeks are flaring up.

What the heck. I did NOT just blush.

Internally groaning, I quickly go back to working in order to distract myself.

-

"This is stupid." I sigh, poking at the peas on my tray while Jinhee smiles sympathetically at me. Namjoon, who decided to sit with us, gives me a gentle pat on my back in attempt to sooth me.

"That's just how he is. I warned you." The man gives me a gentle smile, but I turn away from him, refusing to return it.

"You could've told me this morning, before I sign those damned papers!" I whine pathetically. I know very well that my behaviour is very childish right now, but having my old crush who I tried so desperately to forget boss me around and occasionally giving me those annoying smirks has really drove me bonkers. 

"Mianheyo, Hyunji-shi. The thought didn't come to me this morning." Before I knew it, a large hand had pulled me up and away from the duo. My brain wasn't fast enough to respond, so I only followed the male like a lost lamb.

After a while, he brought me into this gigantic room that includes a kitchen, bar, and a dining table for four with a huge window before it that shows the city view.

"Sit." I immediately recognize the voice to be none other than Taehyung's. After letting go of my arm, he wastes no time to pull a chair out for me, gesturing for me to sit on it. I am, of course, reluctant to do so, and want nothing more than to leave the room so I can peacefully enjoy my lunch break. But knowing how persistent Taehyung can be, I don't even bother trying and just do as he wants with a sigh.

Seeing how I complied without a word brought a smile to his face, which somehow melted my heart a little. For a moment, I saw the Taehyung who was my only friend, the only person who actually cared for me. The Taehyung who I fell so deeply in love with. And the Taehyung who broke my heart into millions of pieces.

After making sure I'm comfortable on my seat, he makes his way over to his own and sits. Placing his elbows on the table, he grins at me, his mouth forming a rectangular shape,

"We have a lot of catching up to do, Hyunji-ah."