8

Jimin is a good friend, but sometimes, I can't help but feel like pushing him off a building.

The next morning, I was awakened by Jimin's exaggerated and not to mention, annoyingly loud announcement of his arrival. The boy had barged into my room, calling my name and shaking me until I had screamed and kicked for him to stop.

"Yah! Stop it! What the hell are you doing here my alarm hasn't even rung yet!" I groan in exasperation, my attempt to go back to sleep failing as he once again peels the comfy blanket off me, letting the violent cold air pierce into my skin.

"Get up, you lazy bum. You're coming with me for a morning jog."

"At 5.30 in the morning? Park Jimin, I swear if you don't get your ass off me this instant, I'll murder you with my bare hands." I glare at him through the darkness of my room, and he did get off me, only to make me screech in agony when he turns on the light, almost blinding me.

"Park Jimin!"

"Jeez, Hyunji. Stop being such a grandma, seriously. When was the last time you worked out, huh? Come on now!" He says and despite my objection, drags me out of bed, forcing me into the bathroom to change and tidy myself up. As we're about to head out, eomma appears at the front door.

"Aigoo, you two are going out already?"

"Yes, eommo-nim," Jimin responds with a bright smile while I lazily put on my running shoes. After I'm done with it, I stand back up, "Eomma, I'll come back later."

"Alright, Hyunnie. Make sure you check the time, you don't wanna be running late like last time, hm?" She says, smiling as she turns to Jimin.

"Come join us for breakfast, Jiminie. Ah, you should also invite Taetae over again sometime in the future, Hyunji-yah. You shooed him away so quickly yesterday, I barely had enough time to take a good look at him!"

I can feel Jimin's eyes on me at the mention of Taehyung's name. Dismissing her statement, I turn to the door, bidding her goodbye before heading out.

"Yah, Kim Hyunji. What was that about Taetae? Isn't he that sadistic boss of yours? That Kim Taehyung person? What's he doing at your home?" Jimin bombards me with a load of questions, and I don't expect less from him. I try to run ahead of him, but with his fitness, I'm obviously failing miserably.

"Don't ignore me, Ji-ji."

"Yah! How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that?" I stop jogging and turn to frown at him, mentally cringing at the nickname. The man grins, resting his hands on his waist, "I won't if you stop being so mean to me all the time."

"Fine. I don't know either, he just followed me home last night after dinner. I was too occupied with my thoughts to notice."

"Hyunji, Hyunji." He sings, "Why don't you ever change? You were careless in university, and still, the same after we graduated. What happens if you happen to encounter a pedophile? And that... Mr. Kim. Taehung. Whatever you call him. Are you sure he's not some sick pervert? No gentleman follows a lady home in the middle of the night like that. I don't like him." He finishes with a grimace.

I let out a small smile at his expression. Jimin too hasn't changed one bit since we graduated. He has always been so kind. So caring. As I start to feel tired, he slows down his own pace so he can run alongside me.

"He may be a major jerk, Jimin. But that still doesn't make him a pervert. He just seems to like giving me trouble, that's all."

At my words, a smirk forms on Jimin's face. He raises a brow, "You're defending him. Don't tell me... you're already developing a crush on him? Wow, Hyunji. You're really going to go through with the cliche secret boss-assistant relationship?"