3

He's not saying anything. He just.. stared. Which I might add, creeps me out a little. So in order to cover up how awkward and timid I'm actually feeling right now, I stared back.

Now that I actually took a good look at his face, I noticed how much he had changed. His fashion sense is no longer weird and kiddy. His skinny, petite form is now masculine. His facial features are now more defined. He really did turn from a boy to a man.

However, his eyes didn't change. The way he stares at me didn't change. In the past, I've come to learn that although he seem to be blank most of the time, a million things are probably going on in that head of his. Which had me recall our high school days, when we used to be best friends. How he spaces out all the time while spending his lunch time with me on the rooftop.

"Taehyungie?" I call out to his seemingly distracted self. However, I receive no response as he only kept staring at the city over the railing. I smile a little at how he has his eyebrows slightly furrowed as he thinks about the future. Or maybe, if his self-proclaimed pet rabbit on the moon is living a good life.

"Taetae~" I tuck on his uniform sleeve, finally capturing his attention. He raises both his eyebrows as he turns to me, a smile later appearing.

"Oh, Hyunji-ah! Sorry, I'm just thinking~" He giggles, and I laugh a little.

"When are you not, Tae." His smile grows and reaches his eyes at what I said. Swinging his arm around my shoulders, he laughs and said,

"No one knows me better than you do, Hyunnie!"

"Since when did you start catching my habit?" I snap back to reality upon the booming of his incredibly deep voice from across the table.

"E-excuse me?" I croak out, but the man didn't answer. Instead, he continues staring, his gaze piercing right into my soul. Shuddering under his intense stare, I try to distract myself by slowly cutting the piece of steak that is served before me. A sigh is soon heard, followed by the clanging of utensils against plate.

The atmosphere in the room is so heavy to a level that it's a little suffocating. I dare not to look up, and only has my eyes on the plate before me and my lap. Just as I thought I was going to die out of the suffocating silence, the man spoke.

"Don't think that you'll get to have high quality lunch like this everyday. This is just a mini welcoming party for you. I need you to run me an errand after this."

-

Stumbling through the door of Coffee Lab, I drag my extremely worn out self over to the table that was supposed to be especially reserved for me. I exhale through my mouth at the sight of my annoying best friend, Park Jimin.

"Oh, Hyunnie! You're here!"

"Yeah, that's great. Now get out of my seat, will you?" I respond with a sarcastic smile and roll my eyes when he pouts. The boy doesn't look like he was going to comply, so I turn to give the owner of the cafe -who sat opposite of Jimin- a desperate look. The man laughs. Not sure whether it's due to amusement or sympathy though.

"Here, you can take my seat." He offers, and I agree without a slightest bit of hesitation.

"Can I have an iced latte please?" I ask and with a curt nod, he walks away. My body relaxes as my eyes follow his large form moving around to prepare drinks. It was all peaceful until Park freaking Jimin decides to ruin it all by saying, "What happened to you? You look horrible."

Taking a deep breath with my jaw clenched in annoyance, I try my best not to snap at him and unnecessarily waste all of my remaining energy. So I chose to stare at him with a blank expression without saying anything. Thank heavens that he understands the look I'm giving him and stops talking.