viii. billy's confession

wendy grabbed her purse as she heard the doorbell ring. she walked down the stairs, only to see her father opening the door.

richard carmichael looked at billy up and down.
"good evening, mister carmichael." billy greeted.
billy was very uncomfortable because up until wendy, he had never truly met any girls' parents.
richard ignored billy and looked back at his daughter.

"this is the guy you bring home? jesus, winifred, why not bring harrington home instead?" richard asked, walking away from the door.

wendy rolled her eyes in annoyance and walked out of the door.
"bye, dad." she stated, closing the door behind her.

billy and wendy walked back to his car.
"hello, winifred." billy teased.
"call me winifred and i just might punch you." wendy said, annoyed.

"i'd love to see you try." billy let out a laugh. he didn't see wendy as the type to punch anyone. the two got into billy's car and drove off from her house.

in the car, billy turned his music on. he made sure that it wasn't too loud, he didn't want to have another situation like the other day.
"i have it at a decent volume. y'know, for you." he stated.

wendy crossed her arms over her chest, ignoring him. she couldn't wait until they arrived at their destination so she could confront him about what he said to steve.

"i guess you're not talking..." billy's voice trailed off. he glanced over at wendy, looking at her outfit. she was wearing a denim skirt with white tennis shoes and a long sleeved striped shirt.

it was basic, yes, but billy thought that she still looked beautiful.
"the date is a little cheesy, but maybe you'll like it. i don't really do dates, until i met you. you know, i do a lot of different things around you." billy confessed.

after another ten minutes of pure silence, billy's car came to a stop. wendy was actually shocked that he didn't drive as fast.

billy turned off the engine and sighed. he began to think to himself.
should i open her door for her? nah, she'll be fine, he thought.

he got out of the car, and wendy got out as well. they were standing in the school parking lot.
"what the hell?" she whispered to herself.

billy walked over to wendy, and he waited for her to speak. wendy only kept her arms folded over her chest.
"wendy, talk to me." billy placed his hands on her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"oh why should i talk to you, huh? you have nothing to worry about if this date goes wrong because there's plenty of bitches in the sea, right, billy?" wendy asked, shoving billy away from her.

billy only sighed, placing his hand on his hip.
"wendy..." billy began, trying to stop her.
"oh and steve doesn't have to worry because you'll try to leave him some!" wendy yelled.

billy stood in front of wendy, letting her vent.
"how many girls were you planning on sleeping with, billy? were you going to play me? make me get feelings for you, and once we had sex, you were going to leave?" wendy exclaimed, becoming angry.

"no." billy answered, shaking his head.
"i'm not done!" wendy responded before billy could get anymore words in.

as billy hargrove stood there, listening to wendy yell at him, he couldn't help but to feel guilty about what he had said.

"o-or were you going to string me along and then dump me when you were done with me?!" wendy yelled. wendy's eyes were beginning to form tears in them.

billy couldn't let her not know the entire truth to the story.

"steve lied!" billy matched wendy's volume. wendy furrowed her eyebrows as she stared at billy.

"what?" she questioned.
"steve lied. i told him that there were plenty of bitches in the sea, yes, but i told him not to go near you! i don't know why, but whenever i see you with harrington, i just...i get so mad. okay? i don't do this often! i have never had a serious relationship, let alone a serious crush before. i think i like you, wendy." billy confessed, starting off with a yell and simmering down to a softer tone.

instantly, he regretted it. he didn't want to like her, he didn't want any of this to happen. billy wanted flings and girls lining up at his door. then, he met wendy.

"y-you what?" wendy asked, walking towards billy. he turned his head away, not wanting to repeat himself. wendy reached up, placing her hands on his cheeks.

"billy, look at me." she ordered. billy looked off towards the dark parking lot.
"please look at me." wendy whispered.

he gave in, looking down at wendy. his blue eyes stared down into her hazel eyes as he listened to what she had to say.
"i like you too, okay. it's okay for you to show emotions other than anger. i won't hurt you, i promise. i'm not a bad person—you can trust me." wendy leaned in, pressing her lips against his.

billy kissed wendy back, placing his hands upon her waist. wendy wrapped her arms around his neck. she pulled away and a smile found its way onto her face.

"i think this was a successful first date." wendy whispered.

fuck i hated billy but this chapter made him so soft.
FUCK HIM THO !