~Nightmares (AU & A/N)~

Quick A/N Before I start the first chapter, I do take requests for this ship. Just tell me the plot of the story and I'll write it and tag you :). AND no smut please.

Okay! Here's the first chapter.

(Inspired by: Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire)

3rd Person POV

Newt shot up in his bed to a sitting position. Sweat dripped down his face, mixing with his tears. He had had another nightmare. He sighed, laying back down and hiding under his blankets. He shut his eyes to sleep, but he only saw images from his nightmare. He sighed again, but with frustration. He climbed out of bed and opened the door, walking down the hall to Thomas' room. Newt always told Thomas that he had trouble sleeping, but he never told Thomas why. Thomas never pushed Newt to explain, but he did say that Newt could come to his room anytime he had trouble sleeping.

Newt approached Thomas' door and opened it up quietly. Newt slowly stepped into the room and closed the door behind him. Newt turned to see Thomas sitting on his bed and looking towards Newt. "Hey bud, what's wrong?" Thomas asked, "You okay?". Newt shook his head to say 'no'. He then sobbed. "Nightmare..." He breathed out. Thomas got out of bed and ran over to Newt, engulfing him in a hug. He rubbed circles on Newts back while Newt buried his face into the crook of Thomas' neck. "It's okay, I get them too..." Thomas whispered, "You'll be alright." Thomas said, then pulling away and dragging Newt over to Thomas' bed.

Thomas laid down while Newt just kind of stared. "Come here." Thomas said, scooting over. Newt climbed next to Thomas, wrapping his arms around Thomas' waist and laying his head on Thomas' arm. Thomas wrapped his arms around Newt protectively. "See, no one can hurt you now. Not while I'm here." "But you won't always be there." Newt whispered. "Who told you that?" Thomas asked, looking at Newt. He then leaned in and kissed newt on the lips softly. When they pulled apart, Newt smiled a genuine smile. Newt looked Thomas in the eyes, "So you'll always be here?" Newt asked hopefully. Thomas nodded, "Always."