~Smile (AU)~

Based off the OTP prompt ^ (This one's gonna be short, but cute :3)

3rd Person POV

Thomas was is probably the worst mood he'd ever been in, and had had the worst day ever. At work he had two people get mad at him for almost no reason, he had spilled coffee on himself, one of his homophobic co-workers had mocked him for being gay and had gotten away with it, and Thomas hadn't seen Newt, his beautiful beloved husband, since the night before.

But, Thomas finally left his work, climbing into his car and driving home.

Newt and Thomas lived together in a nice apartment together, which they moved to shortly after they had gotten married.

Thomas managed to smile a tiny bit since he was finally gonna be able to see his true love after a long day of work.

---

Thomas finally reached their home, parking the car and walking up to their apartment. He unlocked the door, then stepping in and closing the door behind himself. He was hit with the wonderful smell of home.

He set down his bag as he heard Newt running down the hallway. Thomas was soon blessed with the sight of the blond angel who's hair was wet and messy, most likely from a shower, and wore some black sweatpants with a red t-shirt.

Newt stopped in front of his husband and threw his arms around the brunette. "I missed you so much." Newt whispered, pressing a soft kiss into Thomas' cheek.

Thomas sighed as Newt pulled away slightly. Thomas looked at Newt for a second, taking in this wonderful boy that meant the universe to him.

"You have a bad day at work, Tommy?" Newt asked softly, his lips turning to a small frown and a worry wrinkle appearing between his eyebrows.

"Yeah... but it's better now." Thomas whispered, giving a small, forced smile, then cupping Newt's face in his hands. Newt's lips then started to turn upward. "Don't do it, you better not do it." Thomas said as Newt smiled brightly at Thomas.

Thomas then felt his own expression lighten up, a big grin spreading across his lips. He could never not smile whenever Newt did; his smile was the most gorgeous smile Thomas had ever seen and it truly helped brighten Thomas' day, even his world.