Chapter two- Day four of insufferable brats

Chapter two

I sighed, sitting down on my bed flopping backward into the thick white covers the last few days had been exhausting, the new batch of Trainees where all fine and dandy, aside from the Sassy Levi. He had been a pain in my ass the last few days, constantly back talking and trying to show everyone up.

I closed my eyes, the sun sank below the horizon and I drifted off, tomorrow we were going outside the walls as their first official mission, basically to root out those who could not fight against Titans, theyd die or leave. I curled up in a small ball under my white covers, feeling the velvet like surface moving as my chest lifted and fell. I listened to the quiet singing of the birds outside as they seriated the sun to sleep. I closed my eyes, still fully clothed. I didn't bother to change into anything else, I drifted off.

~Dream~

“Dad?” I felt myself asking, the world was foggy and I couldn't move very fast. My dad was crying holding a bottle of beer. “What!” He roared, I whimpered. I had been holding a doll. “I-It… Its my birthday.” I'd said, he turned on me. “Don’t you think I know that! Your mother died today!” He had shouted at me, I was only six years old…

-End dream-

My eyes opened slowly as the sun danced though my open window, a soft breeze blowing the curtains back as I sat up. Pulling at the straps on my legs and chest, It wasn't a good idea to sleep in this outfit. On well…

I untangled some of the knots in my hair leaving it down showering around my face like a wildfire of red. I went down the steps towards the dining halls, to get something to eat. The rest of the group was down there, Erwin to. He was going over the plans for today’s mission, the golden haired man looked up as I walked in, a frown entered his  pale face. “Nice of you to join us Captain.” He said stiffly, I smiled gleefully at him. I knew he didn't like me, so I enjoyed tormenting him. I picked up a role of bread and went to stand next to the commander, chewing as loudly as possible. Some of the younger ones snickered at my attitude. Erwin let out a low annoyed sound, but said nothing. He continued to go over the plans with the groups. “Myself, Captain Alya, Levi, and Petra will be at the head.” He said.

I sighed quietly, I knew he was just doing that to annoy me, but I bit my tongue. He finished up as I zoned out, staring off into a window to the right, into the massive trees beyond and the distant wall. The wall was protection as well as a prison. Any normal human being wouldn't want to venture outside the walls, but I guess I wasn't a normal human being now was I? I wanted to see what the world looked like beyond those massive marble towers that protected us from the dangers beyond.  That was one of the major reasons I joined the Recon core, because we could do that. Even if it was a death wish, I still got to see some of the world we lived on.

Erwin finished and turned to me “Care to show them to their horses?” He asked, I flickered my eyes pulling my vision away from the butterfly I had spotted landing on the windowsill. “Of course commander.” I said smartly. The blond haired man rolled his blue eyes at me then left, I lead the group outside and to the stables. “Choose wisely, a quick steed is the difference between life and death out there.” I said, the trainees nodded.

Well, all aside from Levi who rolled his eyes and wrinkled his nose at me. I got my pitch black steed, named Lullaby. One of the quicker horses, I had smart when I had picked out my horse. The horse nickered quietly in greeting to me as I saddled the creature up and mounted the beast. Waiting for the others to do the same, Erwin was already waiting at the path that went towards the Shiganshina District a small circular structure on the outside of wall Maria, there where twelve of them in total, four for each wall. They were constructed to attract Titans, which I figured was pretty stupid. Putting humans into a circular cage and making them bate, sickening. The gate was opened on Marias side, we trotted the horses though. Many people gave us horrible discussed looks, while a few marveled at us.

Survey core, more like take your money and die core

All those taxes for what, more deaths!?

They should just stay in the walls.

I feel bad for there family’s.

I felt my fists clench on the reigns of my horse, the soft breeze from the moving horses blew my hair back into a tangle of wild scarlet, Erwin saw me clench up in anger and moved his horse next to mine. “Don’t let them aggravate you Alya, there not worth it.” He said quietly then moved his horse forward again, I exhaled quietly. He was right; I was much too worked up about some stupid people’s opinions. I cast a sideways glance at a group next to the road; a little girl looked up at me. Awe etched into her little face “Momma, Momma!” She cried, tugging at the skirt of the woman next to her. “Look at that pretty lady! She must be so strong!” the little girl said pointing to me.

The woman smiled at the girl, hoisting her up and sitting her down on the side of her hip. “Yes little one, that’s Captain Alya. One of the strongest of the Recon core, they say she counts for a whole team just by herself.” I smiled inwardly, it was good to know that the people thought me immortal. Even if I wasn't, we neared the gate and I kept my gaze forward on the massive moving door. I felt a brush of something moving beside me, I looked over in my peripheral vision. Levis horse was beside me “Don’t let a few people’s opinions make you think your better then everyone else.” He hissed, I scowled looking over at him. “Know your place.” I hissed at him, my tone cold as winter.

The boy continued to have and emotionless stare on his face, but a small smirk appeared on his lips. “I don’t take orders from weaklings.” He said as the gate opened we rocketed the horses out of the gate, I pulled ahead of the snotty brat, undoubtedly he was from a spoiled rich family in wall Sina.

We galloped the horses out and split into formation Levi, Petra, Erwin and I ran the horses forward keeping our smoke signals close to our sides, surprisingly there was no sign of a titan anywhere. I narrowed my eyes following the horizon with my silver eyes, suddenly a black smoke signal was fired into the air. “Abberent”  I yelled over the beating of the horses hooves. Erwin nodded but we continued, I readied my Maneuver gear under my green cloak, another round of black was fired into the air, meaning the group behind us had spotted it to.

 I felt the ground tremor as the thing neared us, I saw Petra clench her fists on her reigns beside me, fear entering her eyes. I smiled at the girl “Don’t worry, I'll take care of it.” I remembered the first time I had seen one of these things, massive, horrible…. Huge jaws and lines of fangs. I felt a shiver shoot up my spine at the memory, I stood on the back of my horse, unsheathing the swords at my hips and waiting the beast came into view, a fourteen meter, huge white eyes and messy black hair atop its head. The creature neared us, I had no idea what it was doing or what is goal was but it looked past us and kept running.

I eyed the surroundings looking for something to use my weapon on, but the ground was flat. I sighed quietly but I could still do this, I releasing the strings that supported the gear, revving the gas as the latches landed on the titans shoulders I recoiled the strings and flew forward towards it, slashing my swords along the neck of the monster, its fire hot blood splattered onto my face as I unlatched the ropes and jumped off the falling titan back onto my horse. I saw Erwin smile “Good work.” Levi let out an impatient ‘tsk’ sound. “I could have done it.” I frowned at him “Then, you get the next one that comes along.” I said. He turned to look at me, wild black hair flying into his blue eyes. “Are you challenging me?” He asked. I smirked “You figure it out.” The blood evaporated from my face and hair was we continued.