Chapter thirty nine- For the first time in forever

Chapter thirty nine

I locked my eyes on to the young woman's “Raise your child with their fathers memory. He'll always be there.” I said lifting my head as the rest of the crowd had heard my words and were staring at me. Then I  kicked my horse and moved forward. There was some hidden meaning to my words, in a way I wished my father had raised me like that. He should have kept my mother’s memory close, and dealt with his grief like any other human being. Instead he cast me aside like a old toy or an unwanted stray dog. I sighed as we rode into wall Maria. Erwin rode up beside me “What was that all about?” questioned the golden haired commander. “I… I don’t know.” I lied staring into the horizon as our horses pummeled across the land kicking up dirt and dust. Erwin glared at me but said nothing as we rocketed though wall Rose and towards the headquarters. It was sundown by the time we got back, the injured where rushed to the infirmary while I unsaddled my horse.

Hanij POV

I stopped for a second lowering my hand to my side and setting my empty coffee mug down on the table yet again. Eren blinked, waiting for me to continue. “You know, I don’t think I mentioned this… but Levis horse he has now. Is actually Lullaby…” I chuckled softly “Alyas loyal horse was given to him after she… well…” I stopped “I think he renamed her though, I'm not sure. He never says the name of his horse anymore. I still call her Lullaby.” I chuckled, that fact was pointless but it was meaningful. The fact that Ackerman was willing to take someone else’s horse, he was so headstrong and prideful all the time. I shook my head as the three trainees stared at me in silence “Anyway, back to the story.”

Alya POV

I put the black steed away while Levi walked over to me he rolled his shoulders slight and I saw him shiver. “Whats up?” I asked. He glanced around at the group of people, I waited raising my eyebrow and narrowing my eyes. What was this guy. “Can we speak, alone.” I sighed quietly “Sure.” I spotted Tamaki from across the group. He had been on the mission today, in Erwins group. I hadn't really taken notice of him. He was engaged for heaven’s sake, he shouldn't have been flirting with me the way he did. There for, I had lost all respect for him. I followed Levi out into the pasture and we stopped under a lone little tree. Its leafs as green as emeralds and the sunset illuminating it in orange and red. I sat down folding my legs while he leaned against the tree. “Seeing that Titan today…” He trailed off, for the first time in forever I saw pure pain in his eyes. Not hurt pain, but emotional pain. I moved closer to him in awe and surprise. I frowned at me but continued “It brought back so many memories.” He sighed rubbing his head. “And I just wanted to thank you, I'd been blown to bits in seconds if you hadn't ripped the gear off.” He said, looking at me. His stare was still stone, but his eyes were soft. “Your welcome.” I said “I'd do that for anyone.” I smiled at him. He nodded slowly, very slowly as the wind brushed up the hill and swept his hair to the right.

I moved even closer, my nose only inches from his cheek. He blinked in surprise “Did anyone ever tell you that your attractive when you don’t scowl.” I found myself saying, I wasn't even sure I'd said it until he looked over at me. His cheeks with a rosy tone. Levi covered his face quickly with his hand, it obscured most of his blushing face from me. I bit my tongue, damn me and my big mouth. “Sorry.” I apologized. He looked at me between his index and middle finger, his gaze wasn't angry it was quite soft. He lowered his hands. “Nah, I've just never been complimented by a girl before.” He laughed softly trying to brush it off like it was nothing. I leaned against the tree and looked up into the sky as it faded from orange to a dark midnight black. “Which do you like better… The moon or the sun?” I asked him. The ebony haired boy blinked at my question “That’s an odd question, but I'd have to say the moon. I think the night is misunderstood… if that makes any sense. Everyone seems to hate it, and sleeps it away but I've always loved the moonlight and the stars.” He explained. I blinked my large silver eyes at him, that was the exact same reason I loved the nighttime. “Yeah.” I agreed “I want to ride the moon to the stars to be with my mother when I die.” I said “Its stupid, but its what I want.” He looked over at me again. “That’s not stupid.” He said. I looked down from the moon towards him, his face was washed in pale white light. He wasn't smiling, but there was a hint of one on his lips.

He gazed at me in silence for a minute “Its your dream Alya. If you want to see your mother one day. You will, I just hope  you don’t die on me any time soon.” He said giving me a little teasing smirk, I grinned right back. “I don’t plan on it, don’t get your hopes up.” I teased him. Suddenly Ackerman's smirk turned into an evil grin. “Are you ticklish?” He demanded quiet suddenly. “No.” I lied. My stomach was super sensitive to touch. He laughed “Lier!” Ackerman pushed me over into the grass and started to scratch at my stomach and wherever he could, I laughed unstoppably. It got to the point were my face was as red as a rose and tears were in my eyes “Stop stop, stop!” I cried, scrambling upward and running away from him. Levi jumped up and chased after me, he was much quicker so he caught me within a few seconds and we both sprawled into the grass. “Hay!” I grumbled. We both were laying in the grass Levis hands were around my chest his face in my hair. “I'll count you as a friend.” He said. “But I'm still going to be an ass.” I snorted “Is this how friends act?” I demanded twisting around to look at him.

His face was right there, our noses where touching. I felt my face go hot, but because of the darkness of night he wasn't able to see it. Thankfully. I'd never been this close to a man, anyone for that matter. “Yes. Best friends, you've saved my life. There for, I owe you a higher title then just friend.” He chuckled. I rolled my eyes “You hated me two days ago.” I felt him shift as he dragged me closer “I never hated  you, you had good intentions. I could see it.” He said quietly. It was warm here, nestled up against his broad chest. I felt myself get tired, I closed my eyes and whispered something before I drifted off. “Goodnight… Levi.” I heard his quiet voice next to mine. “Goodnight Alya.