Chapter fifty- Dont let it fool you

Chapter fifty

“Levi!” I screamed veering the horse to the right forgetting about the insane beast chasing us, he was leaning against the tree head down and blood was splattered on the wood behind him. I raced the horse over as I felt the hand swipe me to the side it shoved me with such force I went flying fifteen feet across the ground tumbling across the grass leaving blood stains from a gash created in my left arm and lower chest. I whimpered quietly as the titan stepped over me, running after Oluo and Gunter who looked at me terror in their eyes. Was this the end? Would I die here? I looked over at the ravine where Petra and Erd where, then to the tree that Levi was under. Blood stained their faces and they lay unmoving. “I'm sorry…” I croaked as the world began to fade. “No.” I told myself reaching for the hostler at my side, the gun had been only partially removed. I clicked the red smoke pillar into the barrel and fired it into the air. Hopefully someone would see it… Then the world shifted and turned to dark ebony and I could no longer see.

I felt myself awaken, It was dark. The world was black and I felt like I was in a one way tunnel. I sat up from the cold black ground and began to walk towards the light, I reached for the blinding alabaster light behind the veil of brightness I could see a scarlet haired woman. Her eyes glittering blue, she smiled at me and outstretched her hands. “Alya.” Her voice whispered I felt tears in my eyes, was this my mother!? Was… was I dead? I stopped reaching for the light and recoiled my hand. The woman’s hand was outstretched past the veil, it touched me and I felt a shiver go up my spine. “It is not your time.” She whispered and I felt a plummeting sensation in my stomach.

I awoke, my eyes opening quite suddenly and I sat up looking around in surprise. The sun was in the sky, and a distant roar of a titan caught my attention. I turned my head to the right and a wave of weakness and pain hit me. I doubled over clutching my stomach as a spew of blood dribbled from my mouth, my memories returned after a few seconds of this. Titan, rose… dead… Levi… I looked up at the tree, he was still there, head down blood smeared behind him. I got up, keeping my eyes on the beast that was still chasing someone. Oluo was down, I could see him in the distance. His face was buried under a collection of grass. The titan must have believed we were all dead so I moved as quickly and as stealthy as I could. I could see Gunter in the distance, on his horse fear and sadness in his face. He looked forlorn as the ran from the creature that he believed had killed us. Well, me.

 I couldn't say much for the others. I reached the tree that the boy was under I grabbed his face and lifted it up towards me. His eyes where dull and half closed, blood continued to dribble from his mouth. “Levi, Levi, look at me.” I demanded. I pushed my ear to his mouth, nothing. I put it at his chest, still nothing. I felt tears in my eyes “Levi!” I cried shaking him madly “Please, don’t leave me!” I whimpered shoving him down and pushing my hands together on his heart. Pumping it with all my effort, trying to get him to come back. Suddenly he gasped, but his eyes didn't open. I grabbed his cheeks and put his face next to mine, he was breathing… I suddenly broke down in tears. For no reason at all, my friends could very well be dead. I'd almost lost the one person on this planet that loved me.

I clutched him close to me, forgetting the creature that was slaughtering our friends. “Levi…?” I whispered, still he was unresponsive. He hit his head very hard, I guess that was understandable. I heard the titan scream again and Gunter was knocked into the air he landed with a painful snap on the ground next to Petra. I dropped Levi and lay down as quickly as I could making it look like I was still dead, hopefully it wouldn't notice I moved. I heard the best snort, I was looking at it out of a crack in my eyes. It was moving towards me, walking this time. I've never seen a titan walk in such a away, the creature moved towards the tree extending its index finger and thumb towards me. I waited for it to pick me up but that moment never came there was the sounds of horses hooves and it turned towards that. I couldn't see who it was but by the surprised screams and a pained shout I guessed it was Erwin. The titan let out a furious snarl and went for them.

I heard the sounds of gear and another frustrated screech. I opened my left eye to look at them; a young dark haired trainee was going for it. This titan was different, I could see it in its movements the beasts left arm moved and it grabbed the young trainee’s wires he screamed in confusion and terror as it bit him in half, but instead of swallowing him it spit him out. My left eye widened in surprise, what was this thing!? Dodging blows and not eating humans!? I looked around for my gear, but it was across the field next to Erwin who was readying himself to attack the creature. I wanted to tell him no but my mouth refused to make words, he believed I was dead no doubt. Levi twitched beside me as Erwin went for this creature he soared upward his face un-seeable under his golden hair he looked the creature dead in the eyes using its hair and nose as leverage then without even moving he stabbed it in its eyes and leapt backward zooming around the back and going for its neck, but the creature had healed itself already within a few seconds. It turned and bit at him, missing. The creature must have realized what it was up again so it started to run, faster then I'd ever seen a titan run before. It raced for the distant hills its long white claws retracting as it began to fade into the sun. There was a puff of white smoke, and it was… gone..?

Erwin looked over at us, the breeze blew my hair slightly causing the tips of scarlet to dance. He walked over and looked down, I still was very weak and unable to move. I tried to let him know I was alive, but I couldn’t see his eyes they were still shadowed by his hair. He knelt down and touched Levis temple, he moved his hair out of his eyes and I could see surprise on his face. “Alive…?” he muttered, moving his hand to my neck, touching one of the large veins in the side to check for a pulse. “Ah… good. I knew you wouldn't die like that.” He chuckled to me. Standing up and looking over at the carts that had followed him here “Medics, help them. Everyone else, prepare to return to the walls.” I again tried to make words to point out that Petra and the others were badly wounded as well but I couldn't I just flailed my left hand in the general direction the others where in. Erwin blinked at me but looked over to the battered and bloody bodies of my comrades. The medics raced over to them quickly going to work, for a while the group was silent. I struggled to even my breath, while Levi was still completely knocked out.

Eventually I'd fought off enough of the wooziness to sit up, the second I sat up I regretted it. My head felt like someone was bashing it with a hammer and my limbs felt like noodles. I collapsed again, this time landing my head on Levis chest. I grumbled quietly, I hated this feeling of weakness. I was helpless and I didn't like it. Rarely did I let people help me, I guess it was from basically raising myself. The medics came over to us, separating me from my barely breathing pillow. I objected but only slightly, a young woman with strawberry blond hair went to work on the gash in my right arm and lower chest. Her face was hidden under a white mask. “Your squad mates are alive.” She said quietly “and you're lucky to still be breathing Ms.Rivail” She said as she stitched up my arm. I just looked over at Levi and said nothing, I still felt emotional from almost losing him. A young man was wrapping bandages around his head. “W-Will he be alright?” I asked my voice cracking and quiet. The young man looked over at me and nodded.

“He is in a coma at the moment, from hitting his head so hard. He should be alright in a couple of days.” The boy explained. I just nodded and said nothing, feeling myself want to sleep again. I fought it off as the medics finished with me, the young woman handed me a bottle of water and I drank it greedily. I sighed again as I felt Erwin help me up with my right hand. I called for my horse who trotted over, miraculously unscathed. I got onto my horse very wobbly, fighting the tiredness I felt in my eyes. The other four where still out of it, they where loaded onto the back of one of the wagons with other wounded people. We road back, collecting the fallen when we could. I kept an eye out for the clawed titan, but never saw it. We reached the gate and they sounded the bells to open it, the stone was lifted from the ground and we went through it. For the first time, was grateful for the protection.