Chapter fourteen- Sina

Chapter fourteen

I sighed quietly listening to the wind and the rain pouring down covering the ground in a layer of pellets. I closed my eyes and walked out into the rain towards the horses. I deserved a break, I saddled up my black horse and ran my hand along her nose as I mounted the steed and off we went. I galloped her towards wall Sina. I wasn't sure were I was going, but I was going somewhere. We rode up to the entrance to wall Sina and veered right. I ran the horse along the barrier Sina was slightly elevated above the other two walls so when you looked down you could see a slope going towards the end of wall Rose and Maria beyond. The rain coated me in a thick layer of water flying off my hair in long streams of silver.  I  had a lot of thinking to do, I realized I couldn't always be hiding myself from everything and everyone. I had a few exceptions of friends, Tamaki wasn't really a friend or a potential relationship. I'd just done that to get on the trainees nerves.

Erwin was a friend I guess, he was my superior but we'd known each other forever  so it was hard not to like him. As a friend that is, the horse ran her ebony tail flying out behind her in a long streak of black while her wild mane attacked my face with every movement. I was soaked to the bone now, completely doused in water. The rain continued to come down covering the earth. We raced around Sina nearing the south end of the massive wall. It was good thinking time for me, I liked the feeling of the rain on my forehead as I ran. In a way it kept my brain from overheating.  

Over the sound of the rain I could hear something else. I looked upward into the dark sky trying to tell the wall from the rain and gray clouds. I blinked and squinted trying to find the sound. Then, something grabbed me and I was in the rain flying into the air watching the ground vanish from below and my horse look upward in surprise. I struggled to move my head and see Tamaki. His brown hair covered in dew drops and a smile painted on his handsome face. Green eyes glittering and reflecting the various light droplets. I saw Lullaby turn and race back towards wall Rose. Tamaki grinned and time regained it speed and we landed on wall Sina. I tumbled over out of his arms and onto the stone, scrambling up. “Hay! What the hell!?” I demanded.

He smiled offering me his rain-soaked hand and helping me up. “I wondered when you'd show up.” He laughed I frowned under my saggy bangs.

 “I was enjoying that ride.”

He continued to grin “I know, why don’t you come with me. We'll get you dried off, you'll catch a cold.”

I sighed “Alright.”

He grabbed my waist again and down we went, down the side of the wall towards the inside of Sina. We landed on the stone ground while some his comrades made strange faces or expressions. Obviously wondering what on earth a Survey corp member was doing here. I followed him to the headquarters in the center of town. I'd never been in Sina, ok once but it was on official business. I didn't get to explore or see most of the city. He opened the door of a circular like home, it was made of mostly wood and stone painted with the logo of the group on the outside. Inside there where a group of the members sitting on plush red couches and smoking cigars. They looked at me, one raised an eyebrow but said nothing. Tamaki led me to a massive bathroom in the back of the home. “Here, change.” He tossed me a pair of old Military corp clothes and I held them with the tips of my fingers like they were something utterly foul.

He raised an eyebrow “Do you want to freeze or change clothes?” He said. I sighed inwardly “Fine.” I went into the bathroom pulling off my soaked clothes and hanging them up then pulling on the military corp stuff. The only difference was the lack of the green cloak and the green and white horse-pawn on the shoulder and chest pocket. I exited and Tamaki was waiting for me. He smiled “You look good in that.” He said. I frowned “I don’t look any different than I would in my other clothes.” I pointed out sassily. He laughed at my comment, why was he so happy all the time!?  “Military corp suits you.” He said “I like the green better than that navy blue.”

I scowled “I like the survey corps, thank you very much.” I said defensively. He smiled “Do you play piano?” Levis song flooded back into my mind. I shrugged “I've never tired.” He grinned “We Military corp guys have a lot of time on our hands, Come with me.” I blinked following him down the steps towards a little sitting room with two large windows and a massive white piano in the center of the room. There were various other instruments lying about the room. “Wow, you guys really don’t do anything.” I grumbled quietly. He chuckled softly “Come sit.” I sat down on the alabaster bench looking at the white keys before me. I waited for him to do something. The brown haired boy sat down at the piano and put his hands on the keys taking a deep breath.

“Flesh wound, flesh wound With medication it will fade Should I assume That someone hears me when I pray? Love, full of hate Don't you love how I break? Don't let them throw me away Keep me and I'll be okay Skipping a beat but it plays Don't let them throw me away Don't let them throw me away”

His fingers flew across the keys, much like Levis had his voice reminded me of Levis actually. I listened rocking back and forth to the melody. He had a beautiful voice, possibly better than Ackerman’s. His eyes where closed as he sang. I watched his fingers zip across the keys like hummingbirds to a flower.

 “Screwed up, used up Crumpled, lying on the floor F***ed up, shut up All you did back then was score I'm feeling weak Missing parts, incomplete Don't let them throw me away Keep me and I'll be okay Skipping a beat but it plays Don't let them throw me away Don't let them throw me away”

I listened intently, it was sup rising that I had two people in my lives that could play the piano and sing like this. The two where complete opposites. Tamaki was a kind hearted guy he had good intentions but sometimes came on to strong. While Levi was cold hearted and dark, he didn't care for anyone but himself.

“Hold me up into the light Fix the cracks and fix them right Keep the pieces in the drawer Keep them there forever more May come in use for some day Recycle this shit in some way And all that I have to say Don't let them throw me away”

He finished setting his hands down on the keys and smiling at me. “That was beautiful.” I stated. He continued to grin “Thank you, it’s a talent of mine. It always scores me points with the lady’s. I can see it didn't work on you though.” He chuckled. I snorted quietly “Nope. You can’t win me over that easily.” I joked. He was suddenly serious “Then, tell me what I have to do.” I blinked and recoiled in surprise staring at his serious face. I remained silent for a while, I guess I did like this guy. As a friend for now, I hoped for his sake I didn't start getting feelings for him. I was living in a risky business death was constantly on my front door. It didn't matter how experienced you were at killing titans. They had a way of surprising you.

He continued to wait “Alright, if you won’t tell me I'll just have to figure it out.” He chuckled putting his soft hand under my chin. For some reason the texture of his skin reminded me of winter, as soft as winter… Hm.. He stared into my eyes with his green ones. He moved closer to me and suddenly.