Chapter thirty- Love, trust and pixie dust.

Chapter thirty

I was awoken by a shifting at my side, like someone had sat down next to me. I felt my hair being moved out of my face with a very soft touch. The hand recoiled and the weight at my side vanished, I opened my eyes to see a blurry figure vanishing around the corner of the door frame. I blinked rapidly, opening and closing my eyes with a yawn. I was sideways on the couch, my hair a wild pile of red at my head. Someone had moved my bangs out of my eyes. I sat up, surprisingly tired. I looked out the window into the sunshine that was slowly fading from the horizon. I rubbed my eyes; I was foolish to fall asleep. I stood up and tried to untangle my hair the best I could with my hands, Eld and Gunter where outside. The two boys chatted gleefully and punched at each other in a playful manner. I smiled to myself leaving the room. I sauntered down the steps, still half asleep. I spotted Petra and  Levi in the corner of the room. She looked slightly upset while he looked angry.

I went over to them, as quietly as I could. “Ok, yeah. Alya said we have to be friends but that doesn't mean you can spy on me while I'm sleeping!” He said, his voice rising in anger. The young auburn haired girl winced and recoiled away from him. “I'm sorry, you were just so tired. I wanted to make sure you were all right.” She cried. He frowned “I don’t need anyone to babysit me Petra.” He hissed at her. I went over to them, grabbing his arm and pulling him from her. “What’s going on?”  I demanded. He winced as I had pulled on his wounded arm. I dropped it quickly. Petra looked at her hands “I was just checking on him and I woke him up, he is mad at me for spying.” She said quietly. I sighed quietly running my hand along my head. “I have an Idea, come with me.”  He sighed but she nodded and followed me without objection. I stopped outside in the courtyard. I arraigned it so that Petra stood in front of the cold hearted trainee. “Petra, fall.” I demanded. She looked up at me in surprise “What!?” I narrowed my eyes “You heard me.” She blinked, waiting for me to correct myself. I knew what I said, and I knew what I wanted her to do.

“Levi, hold your hands out to catch her.” I demanded. He frowned, clutching his hands into fists. “No.” I scowled “Don’t question it. Do it Ackerman.” I said gritting my teeth in frustration. He held his hands out towards the auburn haired girl. “Petra, fall.” I said again. She shook her head “He’s not going to catch me!” She cried.  I sighed rubbing my palm on my forehead. “Ok, fall back into my arms then.” I held up my hands and the Trainee fell, I caught her and helped her straighten up.  “Was that so hard?” I asked. She shook her head “No…” I blinked looking down at her. “Because you trust me?” I asked she nodded looking over at Ackerman who waited impatiently. “Friends must trust one and another, if they don’t they will never be able to continue with their relationship.” I said knowingly looking at Petras wide green eyes. She nodded turning to look back at the black haired boy who now had his arms folded in boredom. He sighed and held out his hands to catch her. She reluctantly backed up and stood a couple of feet away from him. Petra crossed her arms over her chest and fell, I could see her squint her eyes together to prepare for impact on the dirt. Levis arms caught her underarms and she didn't hit the ground. He lifted her up off the ground and she stood up looking back at him in surprise. I smiled at them nodding my head in approval. “Good job.” I said “Trust falls, remember that. Trust in your comrades ability’s but also trust in yours. It may not work out just as you had planned, but then again nothing is ever certain.”-

Hanji POV

Eren opened his mouth to interrupt me “Wait! That sounds like what Corporal told me when Annie was chasing us.” He gasped. I nodded, taking a sip of the coffee at my hand. “As I said, she had a lot of influence on him. Even if he didn't know it at the time.” I said quietly, moving a strand out of my chestnut hair out of my eyes. Eren looked at his hands. “Wow, this woman sounds like someone I would have really liked…. She was so kind to Petra and the others.” He sighed quietly folding his arms on the table and laying his head down on the chestnut fabric of his coat. Mikasa nodded in agreement. “I would have to agree. She sounds a lot like you.” Armin nodded in agreement then I continued.

Alya POV

Levi stared at me in silence for a moment, he said nothing but nodded. “I guess that’s true.” I chuckled. “Yeah.” Tamaki appeared, he had been watching from the doorframe. I'd seen only the corner of his face though, he walked out to me. “You’re a good instructor.” Levi scowled as he saw him. “I wish we had someone like you in our headquarters.” He chuckled lightheartedly. I patted his shoulder as I passed to go back inside. “Keep dreamin'” He laughed softly and followed me inside. “I was thinking, we should go out again sometime.” He said. I looked up at him while the Trainees followed me inside. Levi shoved past him with a suprising amount of force. “I think Alya has better standers then to date a sewer rat like yourself.” He snarled. Rage flaming in his steel gray eyes, I frowned and raised an eyebrow at the trainee. “That’s my business Ackerman.” I said coldly. He said nothing but scowled evilly at Tamaki. “I think you should make better choices with who you keep company with…” He stopped turning away from me and standing in the hallway while the shadows of the fading sun were cast across his face and hair.

 “One day, it might come back to bite you.”