Bruised Flower Crowns

Tom x Pastel! Reader

Ah, yes. One of my favorite ones.

I sat in my room, staring out the window at the light rain. Blowing a stray strand of hair out of my face, I sighed. Rain always made everything seem more...dull. I turned away from the window, going over to my wall, turning on the fairy lights that I would have illuminating my room every night. I smiled at my lights for a moment, and then got annoyed with my hair, as it kept falling into my face. I lifted my pale orange lily flower crown from my head, and tried to push my hair back, but it wasn't working. Sighing in defeat, I set my crown back down, and looked around. There wasn't much to do...

I went over to my bed, and sat down. After a few moments, I suddenly remembered the flower crown I was in the middle of making. Springing back up, I immediately reached under my bed and pulled out a box, setting it down on top of my covers. Inside, there was an unfinished crown, along with all my materials for making these crowns.

I pulled the crown out, and smiled softly. It was made with pale, light blue roses. It was one of my finest creations, and it wasn't even finished yet. It wasn't for me, though. No, it was a gift for someone. For my close friend, housemate, and long-time crush.

Tom.

Sure, we were pretty much polar opposites, but hey, opposites attract! He may be grumpy and sorta cold, but he was truly caring and loyal at the same time. Plus, his company was always peaceful, yet entertaining. I sighed dreamily as I thought about him.

A moment later, I snapped out of it, and started working on it again. I worked pretty quickly; it didn't take long before I was weaving in the last flower. I carefully tied it, and then...done! I finished it, and held it in front of me proudly. After admiring it for a moment, I set it down on my desk, shoved my box back under my bed, and walked to my door. In a soft yet loud voice, I called his name. "Tom?"

No answer.

This was fine, I just assumed that he was in his room and hadn't heard. I walked up to his door, quickly adjusting my pale purple sweater, and knocked. "Hey, Tom...?" I quietly called. Still no answer. Curious as to why he wouldn't answer, I opened his door. We had been friends for quite a long time, so it was perfectly okay if we popped by to see each other from time to time. But I didn't see him. He wasn't in there.

Now confused, I went downstairs. None of the boys were down there. The quiet was strange, that's for sure. I peeked into each of the downstairs rooms, no sign of Tom. I was slightly worried, but I brushed it off, assuming he had just gone out.

Tom walking in from the front door confirmed this.

As soon as I saw him, I perked up. "Tom!" I cheered, rushing over to him with a big smile, my crown falling over my eye in the process. He chuckled at me, adjusting my crown for me. "Heya, Y/N..." he greeted, sounding sort of weary. His weariness made my cheerfulness nullify, and with that, I noticed something else. He was jacked up. He had a bruise on his jaw, a scrape on his opposite cheek, and his arms, which were showing due to his rolled up sleeves, were covered in tiny cuts. I gasped and took his hands. "What happened to you?!" I exclaimed. He chuckled faintly. "Bar fight." he replied. "Don't worry 'bout me." But I was having none of that. Letting go of one of his hands, I led him up to my room.

He followed, but was confused. "Uh, where are we going?" he asked. I opened my door, and led him in. "I'm treating you." I replied simply, making him sit on my bed. He complied and nodded. "Ah, I see. Well, thanks, Docter L/N." he said with a chuckle. I smiled at this, and pulled a small kit from out of one of my drawers.

Walking back over to him, I opened it. Inside were several alcohol pads and pastel-colored bandaids in little shapes. He watched me curiously as I opened up one of the pads, and then flinched as I gently dabbed at each of his cuts with it. He didn't pull away, though, which I appreciated.

After all were clean, I pulled out one of the bandaids and opened it. Once he saw them, he groaned, and I looked at him in surprise. "Do we have to use THOSE ones?" he asked me, frowning slightly. I cocked my head to the side. "What's wrong with them?" I asked. "Well, they're..." he hesitated. I gave him a look that told him to go on. "They're just so...they're not me." he finally said. I looked at him before rolling my eyes and smiling. "Oh, you...well, you're gonna have to deal with it, Tommy Bear." I said, applying the bandaid to the cut on his face. He groaned again, both from the bandaid and what I called him. Ignoring his protests, I continued to put them on his cuts until there were no more.

"And, done!" I said, putting the last one on. "Thanks..." he grumbled, rubbing his face. I pat his hand. "You're welcome!" I said happily. As grumpy as he was about his now colorful arms, he still smiled at me, even if it was small. I smiled even bigger at this.

Then, suddenly, I remembered.

"Oh right!" I abruptly exclaimed. Tom jumped in surprise at my outburst and I went over to my desk, picking up the flower crown. He regathered himself, and looked at me curiously as I turned around and walked back over to him, a huge smile on my face. "Oh, you made another one?" he asked, seeing the crown in my hands. I nodded and set it on his head over his spiky hair. He was definitely surprised. "Uh...huh...?" he questioned. "I made it for you!" I said brightly. "Do you like it?" I then asked. He felt it, and blushed slightly. "Well..." he started, smiling, "it's not really my thing, but...since it's from you, I guess...I like it." he finished. I smiled even bigger. "Yay!" I cheered, and hugged him. He blushed even more, and hugged back, laughing a bit. "Why are you so cute..." he asked, not realizing. My eyes widened as I looked at him. "W-wait, you think I'm cute?" I asked, blushing as well. He realized what he said and his own eyes widened, and his blush darkened. "I-I...uh...um..." he kept stuttering, but then, he just sighed and looked at me with a loving smile. "Yeah. You are."

I swear my breath was taken away. "T-Tom..." I stuttered, trying to think of what to say. "I...I think you're cute too." I finally said, and then inwardly cursed my own stupidity. He didn't seem to mind, though; he just smiled bigger. And then, what I've wanted for so long finally happened.

He kissed me.

It was a quick one, but I felt sparks fly as it happened. He pulled back as quick as he leaned in, looking into my eyes, a blushing mess. I imagined I looked the same. "Y/N, I-I..." he stumbled on his words, not knowing exactly what to say. I helped him by hugging him close. "I love you too." I said softly, smiling big. He smiled as well, sighing in relief. "Thank God..." he mumbled, nuzzling my hair. I giggled as he did. "Hehe...you're my Tommy Bear." I said, blushing again as I said that. He did too, but he wouldn't admit that he liked it.

"I know."

I loved this too much :P

Next up:
Edd x Depressed! Reader