Mmm Them Brick Brows

Pau x Reader

I do not regret the title.

Ah, what a lovely day.

Commands being called out on the lower floor, gunshots sounding every few moments as people practiced, and the murmering of several people talking in the other rooms.

Just another day at the Red Army base.

I was wearing jeans and the red sweater I wear underneath my uniform. I was free of duties for now, so I was just lying on my bed, reading a magazine. My roomate, Pau, was outside in the training area, getting special training from Red Leader. The lucky dork.

After a long while, the door opened, scaring me. I looked up to see a worn out Pau. He was sweating and his hair was all messed up. It was kind of attractive, to be honest. He came in and immediately flopped onto his bed, not even bothering to shut the door. I knew this was an act though; all his training is is gun practice. He looked the way he did because of today's heat. "Boy, I am eeexhausted." he said. I rolled my eyes and stood up, going to shut the door. "Mmhm, sure ya are." I responded. He rolled onto his back and sat up, looking at me. "Hey, you try wearing this out in the sun all day! It's like, 90 degrees out there!" he said defensively, pointing to his navy blue coat. I chuckled and walked back over to my bed, sitting down. He took off his coat as I picked up my magazine and opened it.

I regretted what happened next. Pau, against my expectations, took off his sweater, too. I mean, I know it's hot outside, but c'mon, it's air conditioned in here! It's almost freezing! So here I was, starting to blush as I peeked over my magazine at a shirtless brick-browed man.

He didn't notice my staring for a few moments, but once he glanced over at me, he immediately did. He raised one of his huge eyebrows at me. "What are you looking at?" he asked, sorta sarcastically. I was kinda dazed. "Hotness..." I said, not realizing what I said until it was too late.

My eyes widened and I blushed darker. "Er, I-I mean! Uh...um..." I was stuttering like an idiot over my mistake.

On the opposite side of this exchange, Pau was a blushing mess. The love of his life had just called him hot, even if it was on accident. He didn't know how to respond, exactly. And apparantly, neither did they. They did look cute with that blush though...

"Hey." he said, stopping me from my stuttering. I looked at him, my eyes still wide. "You're pretty hot too. Can I see you without YOUR shirt?" he then asked, winking. I blushed even darker and sorta squeaked, hiding my face. "Paaaau!" I whined. He just laughed. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Sorta." He quickly and quietly added the last part. I heard it though. "What's THAT supposed to mean?" I asked. He looked kinda confused. "What's what supposed to mean?" he asked. I stopped hiding my face. "You said sorta." I told him. His eyes widened, most likely in surprise that I had heard him say that.

"U-um..." he started, "I mean that...I wasn't lying when I said the first part." he said, a little shyly. Suddenly, I felt warm all over. "YOU think I'M hot?" I asked him. He nodded. Then, I internally screamed.

Did I forget to mention that I had a major crush on Pau?

Yeah, I'm pretty good at hiding it though.

Sometimes.

...Thank God he's oblivious.

"W-well, thank you! It means a lot, coming from you..." I said, sort of lovingly. Not that he caught the hint. "Why's that?" he asked me.

Surprising myself, I took a leap of faith. "Because you mean the most to me." I told him, smiling gently. His eyes widened a little. "Me?" he asked for confirmation. I nodded. "You."

He rubbed the back of his head, blushing some. "Gee, thanks..." he said, sorta emotionally. Then, he put a hand on his heart. "Funny, I just got this rush of some warm feeling all over when you said that..." he said, smiling a little. My eyes widened when he said that. "Really...?" I asked. He looked at me and nodded 

"Uh, Y/N?" he then asked. "Hm?" I hummed in response. "Can I uh...can I tell you something big?" he asked, blushing a bit darker. I nodded. "Of course, anything." I responded gently.

He nodded in thanks, and then stood up, walking over to me. He sat on my bed next time, and my blush darkened at his closeness. He started sweating slightly, out of nervousness. He grabbed both my hands and looked into my wide E/C eyes. "Y-Y/N..." he started, making an awkward half-grin, "I-I...uh...I really like you!" he semi-yelled. My eyes widened even further. "R-really...?" I asked, and he nodded furiously.

I grinned wide and quickly pecked him on the lips, pulling him closer by his wrists. His own eyes widened and he smiled at me dazedly, which I chuckled at, ruffling his hair.

Then, he hugged me. I was a warm, enveloping, loving hug.

Too bad I passed out from a rush of emotions.

"A-ah! Shoot, Y/N-!" Pau freaked out. He carefully lied me down on my bed then, not knowing what else to do. Staying next to me for a few minutes, he watched me as I slept. He wore a soft smile as he looked at me. He didn't go back to his bed for a good 14 minutes.

God, I wish I was awake for that.

But at least I fell asleep happy!

Next up:
Pat x Reader