This is Different-

Opposite Day! Matt x Positive! Reader

The titles are slowly becoming more and more memey-

Ahh, what a lovely day.

We were all outside. Tom was trying to play with Tord, though Tord was protesting. Matt was watching from afar, leaning against the wall. I was sitting in the grass, picking flowers. I wasn't sure where exactly Edd was. Bringing one of those flowers to my nose, I breathed in. I smiled at the sweet scent and slightly shivered in delight. Ah, it truly was a grand day.

Suddenly, though, the peace was mildly broken. Tom had helped Tord gain the courage to actually play and run around with him, and it had went well for the most part. Until now, that is. A rock had caught Tord's shoe, and he had tripped and fell into the grass.

Tom and I both rushed over to him. He was sitting up, small tears forming at his eyes. "Tord, I'm real sorry!" Tom said, wiping his tears away. The shy boy nodded slightly. "I-It's okay, Tom." he said quietly. I smiled at them for a moment before focusing on Tord's knees. Through his pants, I could see a bit of red.

I pulled his pantleg up, revealing his legs. His knees had scraped. I sighed, but smiled, and pulled alchohol pads and two band-aids out from my left pocket. I always had these things on me, though usually it's for Tom.

I smiled up at Tord. "This'll sting a little." He just nodded. And with that, I treated his knees, as he flinched and Tom held his hand.

After treating him, he smiled at me and thanked me quietly, and Tom dragged him off to go do who knows what. I smiled and chuckled at them as they went off. I didn't notice Matt walking up behind me.

"Hey." he greeted, sort of quietly. I squeaked in surprise and turned to him, and then smiled once I realized who it was. "Matt!" I exclaimed. "Hi! I'm surprised you're talking to me. That's certainly communication progress!" I said with a cheery smile. He just rolled his eyes. "Whatever." Then, silence. Only for a moment though.

"I have a question for you." he said after a few moments. I focused on him only. "Yeah?"

"Why are you so nice all the time? You're always helping others out. Why?" he asked, obviously very confused. I smiled. "Because it makes people happy!" I said simply. He still didn't seem to fully understand, but he shook his head. "Strange. You're strange." he muttered. I shrugged. "Strange isn't a bad thing."

Then, I turned again. I was going to go back over to the patch of grass I was previously sitting in. I started walking, all fine. Then, more unexpected events. Much like how Tord's had, my shoe caught on a rock, and I began to fall. I squeaked in surprise and squeezed my eyes shut, and held onto myself, bracing for the impact.

It didn't come, though. Instead, I felt warmth. I opened my eyes again, and found myself face-to-face with Matt. He was looking at me blankly, but his eyes were sort of widened, and worry sparkled in them. He held me close and tight. It took me a moment to realize that he had caught me.

When I did realize, he was already standing up normally, letting go of me. I could see a slight blush crawling on his cheeks. "Klutz." he said. "Pay attention. If I wasn't here, you would of hurt yourself." I could only look at him in shock for a few moments. "Why...did you just help me?" I asked, confused. He looked away from me. It was silent for a few seconds before he finally spoke. "B-because I...I didn't want you to get hurt."

Again, a few moments to process. When it did, though, a huge grin spread across my face, and I hugged him tightly, causing him to flinch. "Aww, so you DO care! That's so sweet of you!" I said joyfully. He was tensed up, but after a few moments, he relaxed. His arms fell to his sides again before he, slightly hesitantly, hugged me back. "Y-yeah, whatever." he muttered, softly resting his head on top of mine. I just giggled happily and blushed slightly.

We stayed like this for a few minutes before he spoke. "Hm. Weird." he said quietly. I didn't move, only opened my eyes, as they had shut. "What is?" I asked.

"Usually I'd hate hugs. But I don't hate this. I...actually kinda like it." he said, kind of quickly. I raised a brow. "You're right, that is weird." Then, my smile grew even more. "Ooh, does that mean I can hug you when I want to now?" I asked brightly. He let out a snicker. "Don't ask for too much." I nodded a bit, and then it was silent again. A good silent, though. A nice, peaceful, and blissful silent.

And then Tom came along.

"Awww!" he cooed from a few feet away. Matt immediately separated from me, and I let out a quiet "aw" of disappointment.

Matt was blushing crazily, and he stuttered gibberish for a moment or two. It was quite a sight to see, to be honest. Tom giggled. "Sorry, did I scare you lovebirds?" he said teasingly. I blushed a little darker, but smiled still.

Meanwhile, Matt was pulling his bat from off of his back. Tom saw this, and immediately took off. Matt went after him. "You come back here you annoying blueberry!!" he yelled, still flustered. Tom just laughed and kept running. I giggled as I watched the two running around. As I watched them, I took in the warm feeling of the bright sunshine, and felt the lingering feelings of the hug Matt and I shared. I didn't think my smile could get any bigger.

What a lovely day it was.

Opposite Day Matt is such a tsundere.

Next up:
Monster! Tord x Reader