Yes Be My Dads

The Gang x Neglected! Teen! Reader

(I feel like this title is every Eddsworld fangirl every time they see a really good fanart)

By the way, this prolly seems like an Edd x Reader in the beginning, but it's not. Okay? Okay.

Lonely.

I was lonely.

And by that, I didn't mean that I was, at the moment, left alone. Oh, no. I mean, sure, that was true.

But that was only part of the truth.

I was truly alone. As in abandoned. On the streets. Classic, cliché homeless alley girl. Yep, that's me.

I wasn't even an adult yet, and I worked harder than one would to scrounge up enough money for food and to keep simple shelter. It was a truly difficult life.

To be honest, I was used to this. To being lonely, anyways. I had always been neglected by my parents. At school, I had been bullied all the time. I would often come home with bruises. I even showed them to my parents. But they never cared. They just said "It's just a mark." or "It'll heal." They didn't bother to even try and stop it.

The reason why I was out here was because I ran away. I figured that if one morning they woke up to find that instead of finding me getting ready for school, they would discover that I had run off, and would come and find me and finally show that they love me.

It didn't go as I'd planned.

They never came to find me. They didn't even try. I had watched them the day after I ran off. They didn't even seem bothered. I saw no missing person posters around town. I saw nothing on the news I'd watched on a café television back when I still had a good bit of money. There was nothing about me. They truly didn't care.

It had been about four months, now. I had ran off at around the end of March, and August had just started a few days ago. I often visited the park nowadays, like I was now, enjoying the last bits of the summer sunshine before autumn came along. Autumn...jeez, that's gonna be a tough one. How am I going to deal with shelter when the cold season comes around...? My mind circled around those thoughts, and before I knew it, I was lost in them, trying to figure out what I would do.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even notice the green-wearing brunet staring at me with a shocked expression. I only noticed him when he finally spoke to me. "Um, excuse me?" he asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked at him with wide eyes before looking to my left, then my right, and then finally back at him. "Me?" I asked, just for clarification. He nodded. "Yes, you. Ma'am, are you okay?" he asked.

I was shocked, and confused. Why is this stranger acting like he cares? I thought as I nodded a bit. "I-I'm fine." I said quickly.

My messy H/C hair and dirty clothes begged to differ. The man took a seat next to me on the bench. "You certainly don't look fine..." he said quietly, looking at the ground. Then, he looked at me and held his hand out. "My name's Edd. What's yours?" he greeted with a smile. Wary, I did not take his hand for a shake, but I did answer his question. "...Y/N." I said quietly. "My name is Y/N." He gave a small, light-hearted grin. "Nice name!" he complimented. A small blush formed on my face. I was not used to this, at all. I liked it, though.

Edd and I wound up talking for a while, and it was going well. He was quite an interesting fellow, actually. He seemed to find me interesting, as well. I had taken a liking to him. I don't remember the last time I'd had this much fun during a simple conversation, if I ever had.

But of course, it didn't last.

I stupidly let the fact that I was homeless get out, and he caught it. As soon as I said it, his expression softened. It was a look of pity. "I knew it." he whispered. I kept talking for a moment, but I slowly cut myself off as I noticed his gentle smile and pitiful eyes. I had a look of confusion on my face until I realized what I had said, and I immediately recoiled. "I-I...uh..." I stuttered. I was quieted by Edd suddenly holding my hand. "Hey. It's okay." he said soothingly. I stayed in my slightly curled up position for a moment before I gave a small smile and slowly shifted back to a normal position. His smile only grew at this. He gave me another moment to calm down before he spoke again.