I Wish I Could Talk To You

Tord x Mute! Reader

It was just another day. Another boring, normal day. I was sitting down in the park on one of the rocks that lay in the ground, my legs crossed and my head tilted up slightly as I watched the clouds drift by. It was peaceful. Though, I did kinda want something to happen...

For a few more minutes, I just stared at the sky. Then, I sighed a voiceless sigh. It was way too boring. I had just stood up, when...

"Whoa whOA WHOA WHOA!!"

THUMP

I felt myself fall onto the ground, a body on top of me sideways. I sat up slightly, pushing the person away. "Oooough..." he groaned, sitting up as well. The person who ran and fell on me was a pink-hoodie-wearing man with messy brown hair and extremely large eyebrows that reminded me of bricks.

"Pau, you moron, look what you did!" I heard another voice say, this one accent-laced. I looked up to see another man, this one wearing a red hoodie. His hair was a caramel color and shaped into two horns and his eyes were a piercing silver. He walked over to the 'Pau' that had fallen on me, who was currently standing up and dusting himself off. I stood and did the same.

The accented man stalked over and looked up at Pau, his hands on his hips. "What the hell were you thinking? I swear, you act like such a kid sometimes. Apologize to this lovely wo/man!" he scolded. I blushed and looked at them in confusion and surprise, confused from their strange entrance and surprised from being called lovely. For once, I was glad I couldn't speak. At least I couldn't say anything stupid.

Pau scratched the back of his head. "Sorry, Re- Tord!" Then, he turned to me. "I'm sorry..." he trailed off, expecting me to say me name to him. I couldn't, though, so I just smiled and waved my hands in a way to say that it was fine.

This made them both confused. "Uh...do you have a name?" 'Tord' asked. I nodded. "Couuuld you please tell us?" Pau asked. I then shook my head no. Pau was confused as hell, but Tord caught on. "Can...you even talk?" he asked. I shook my head no again. He nodded in understanding. "Ah, I see."

Pau was standing there, a blank expression on his face. "I don't get it. Why can't they talk?" he asked. Tord hit him. "Ow!" he cried. "They're mute, you idiot." Tord said flatly.

Then, Pau got a message on what I'm assuming is his phone. He checked it as Tord checked me. Out. I noticed and blushed, looking at him. He saw me looking and turned his head away, a faint pink dusting his cheeks.

Then, Pau turned to Tord again. "Bo-Tord, Pat wants us to meet up at the square. Can we get ice cream? Pleeeaaaase?" he asked, reminding me deeply of a child. I giggled silently. Tord rolled his eyes. "Fine." he said, obviously sort of reluctantly. Then, he looked at me, and seemed to get an idea. "Hey, uh, you wanna go with us? As, uh, payback for this twat knocking you over?" he asked me, pointing to Pau. Pau crossed his arms and pouted down at him. "Hey!" Tord ignored him and looked at me.

A bit reluctant to impose but not wanting to turn down ice cream, I nodded excitedly and walked over to him. He chuckled. "Alright then. Let's go, you two!" And with that, he walked off, leaving Pau and I to follow.

~Leeetle timeskip...~

We made it to an ice cream shop in the middle of town square. Walking in through the brass metal gates, I looked back at the town in amazement. I had never been to this part of town before; I couldn't call a taxi to bring me back before dark. Tord had offered to take me to my place in his car while we were on the way there, though, and I had accepted.

My attention was dragged from the town to the people I was here with as I heard Pau. "Pat! I missed youuu!" he exclaimed, making everyone look at him. He was hugging a man. This man had slightly darker skin, smooth dark brown hair with bangs in the front that looked extremely similar to a bird's wings, and he was wearing a pale yellow hoodie. The man rolled his eyes, even though he looked happy to see Pau too. Tord just facepalmed.

I walked over to them and looked at the man in confusion. Pau pulled away from him after a long moment and looked at me. The man did too. "This here is Pat! He's mine, I know he's hot but don't touch." Pau said, scooting closer to him. Pat chuckled and gently patted Pau's head. "Chill. Who is this?" he asked, looking at me. I heard Tord beside me whisper "Can you two please stop being gay for just five minutes..." before he looked up. "Ah, right. This here is...uh..." he trailed off. We all looked at him expectantly as he didn't know what to say. Then, he pulled out his phone and went into a notebooks thing he had, and he handed it to me. "Type your name, please." he asked me. I nodded and typed in 'Y/N' before handing it back to him. "Pretty..." he mumbled before looking up. "This is Y/N. They're a mute we met in the park. Your idiot of a boyfriend knocked them over, so I thought we'd bring them with us." he explained. Pau chuckled awkwardly as Pat facepalmed.

Then, Pau perked up. "Can we get our ice cream now?!" he asked excitedly. Tord nodded. "Yeah, whatever." And with that, we all walked in.

We headed over to the counter and ordered our ice creams. Tord got cherry, Pat got Rocky Road, Pau got Oreo ice cream, and I got F/F. After we all got our ice cream, we went outside again to eat it.

We actually had some rather enjoyable conversation. Well, they did. I just listened and moved my head to either shake it or nod. It was still nice, though.

I was growing to like these boys. Especially Tord. He seemed to know what he was doing. And, the other two obviously respected him for one reason or another. That was pretty admirable.

After a long while, though, it was finally time for us to go. It was sunset, and I had to get home to watch the new episode of F/S. We all walked over to a red car parked next to the sidewalk. I guessed this was Tord's car.

We all got in. Tord in the front, me in passenger's seat, and Pau and Pat in the back. Before we drove off, I typed my address into his notebook so that he could actually know where we were going. After that, off we went.

It didn't take too long to reach my house by car. A part of me regretted that; I didn't want to leave my new friends. But, as we pulled up to the curb, I thought we'd have to.

Tord and I got out. He didn't have to, but he walked me up to my door. When we got there, I turned to face him. He was smiling at me, which made my heart race for some reason.

"So, uh, Y/N...I enjoyed today. Sure, you aren't much of a conversationalist, but you're still pretty interesting. Eh, mayyybe we can see each other again sometime? I can bring the idiots if ya want." he asked me. I grinned brightly at this. A chance to see them again! I nodded excitedly, and he laughed a little. "Sweet! Can I get your number?" he asked afterwards, handing me his phone again. I typed my phone number in without hesitation, and handed it back to him. "Thanks." he said, pocketing it. "So uhh, see you around?" I nodded.

"Cool. See ya, Y/N." Then, he surprised me. He gave me a gentle kiss on the cheek before giving me a peace sign and spinning around, walking back to his car. My face flushed and my eyes widened as I lifted my hand to where he kissed me, and I smiled. I watched him get in his car for a moment before turning and shutting my door, walking inside.

Wow. What a day.

::OHHH BONUS TORD'S POV::

I got into the car, sighing happily. Then, I noticed it was quiet. That was not normal. I turned to see Pau and Pat, both gaping at me. "What?" I asked.

They both broke down. "Red Leader...!!" Pat breathed happily, clasping his hands together in front of his face, stars in his eyes. He looked about ready to cry. Meanwhile, Pau...oh jeez. "BOSS YOU KISSED SOMEONE!" he freaked out, excited. I rolled my eyes and blushed. "Oh, shut up, you two."

I swear, I love writing with the gaybees- I mean, Pau and Pat.

Next up:
Tord x Trigger Happy! Reader Pt. 2