I Wanna Go Home

Edd x Anxious! Reader

(Owow I can relate)

God, I hated right now.

The flashing lights, all the people, all the noise.

I hated it.

SO much.

Yeah, sure I technically could have left this place. But at the same time, I couldn't.

Y'see, I was currently at a party. A HUGE one. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone in town was here. Me, I didn't want to be here. It was all wayyy too much for me. But, I still was. And that's because my boyfriend wanted me to be.

Ah, yes, Edd. He's pretty much the only person I trust completely. I know he won't hurt me. Him and I have been together for a little over a year now.

He knows about my Anxiety, and recently, he's been trying to make it not as strong. It's not really going well. But, he's hellbent on helping, at least a little.

I'm here now because he thought that maybe if I socialized with some other people, people that I didn't know, I would become a little more likely to talk to people. When he had come up with this idea, the party we were at was only six days away, so he thought it was the perfect chance.

It wasn't going the way he'd planned.

I was currently sitting on the staircase, of a stranger's house, looking down at a sea of people. Occasionally, a person would walk past me to go to the bathroom and give me weird looks, and I would avert my eyes and stay quiet every time they would. I wanted to go unnoticed. More than that, I wanted to go home. But, I couldn't do that, yet. Edd was having fun here.

I began to wonder where he was and what he was doing. I couldn't see him from where I was, of course. I pulled out my phone to check my messages. Maybe he'd messaged me, asking where I was.

Alas, there was no new messages. I sighed and put my phone back into my pocket. I then rested my head on my arms, which were pulled up close to me with my legs, and soon enough, I became lost in my own thoughts.

I wound up having bad thoughts. Thoughts about Edd maybe leaving me, or of some stranger coming up to me and doing something bad, or of someone calling the cops on one of the most-likely-underage drinkers at the party and getting me involved, and a bunch of other bad things. This is why I couldn't be trusted with my own brain. I never have any good thoughts on my own.

The only thing that snapped me out of my bad thoughts was the buzzing of my phone.

As soon as I felt it, I quickly pulled it out of my pocket and checked my messages. Much to my own pleasure, it was Edd messaging me.

( Bold italics- Edd
Normal italics- Y/N )

Y/N, I'm looking all over. Where are you??

I'm on the staircase.

What? Why?

Too many people.

I'll come get you.

Thanks.

I sighed in relief and slid my phone back into my pocket, and watched the bottom of the stairs for any sign of my green-wearing lover. Within a few minutes, he came into my vision, and looked up at me. Once he spotted me, he let out a small sigh of relief and smiled up at me.

I gave him a small smile and a little wave. "Heya, Edd..." I greeted. He walked up to me and sat beside me. "Heya, Y/N." he greeted. We sat in silence for a moment before he sighed in defeat.

"So this didn't work either, huh..." he mumbled. I looked at him. He was looking down at his feet, his arms resting on his legs. I felt bad, and guilt washed over my expression. "I'm sorry, I-"

"No." he said, cutting me off. My expression turned to one of surprise as he continued. "I'M sorry." he said. Then, he turned to me. His expression showed that he felt bad. "I'm...I'm trying to change you. And...I'm making you suffer while doing it, aren't I?" he asked.

I wanted to say no, and to comfort him, but I couldn't like that. Because he was right. He WAS making me suffer, in a way. Though I hated to admit it.

He looked down again. "...That's what I thought." he mumbled. Now, I couldn't just do nothing. Gathering up some sort of courage, I managed to put together something to say.

"Hey...I'm not...upset, or anything." I started, gaining Edd's attention. "I'm...grateful, actually."

He looked at me again, clearly confused. "How? How could you possibly be grateful for any of this?" he asked me. I gave him a small smile. "Because. You did it because you wanted to help me. You didn't see your wrongs, which makes what you did not bad. I'm grateful that you cared enough to try and help me."

Once I finished talking, a serious look made it's way onto his face. "Of course I cared enough to do that. I love you, Y/N. Don't you dare ever doubt that." he said, not a hint of regret in his voice. He then pulled me into a nice, warm hug, and gave me a small kiss on the forehead. My smile grew, and I hugged back. "Don't worry, I won't. I love you too."

We stayed like that for a minute or two. The only reason why we didn't stay like that longer would be because we both realized that we were still at the party.

Edd stood up, and held his hand out to me. "What'dya say we head to my place, Y/N?" he asked me. I gladly took his hand, and stood up as well. "That would be greatly appreciated." I said warmly, still smiling a bit. He chuckled and led me down the stairs, through the huge crowd of people, outside, and then towards his house.

Because most of his neighborhood was at the party, it was perfectly safe to walk home slow. The breeze was nice out tonight, and it left me feeling calm. It clearly did the same to him. Him and I walked together, hands linked.

Once we got to his house, he had me sit down on his couch while he made popcorn and got drinks. After he finished making it, he came into the living room with me, and sat next to me, handing me a F/D and opening a Coke, setting the bowl on the low table in front of us. He grabbed the remote to the tv and turned on some movie, one that he apparantly had watched before. I cuddled up to him and watched intently, and he wrapped his arm around me and did the same.

Now, I actually liked this. Just him and I, in a mostly quiet setting. It was nice. It reminded me of the little things in life, and it brought me the greatest happiness I knew.

I guess he is all I need.

Next up:
Drunk! Tom x Reader