Chapter 7

(1 week later)

I can't deal with it. The constant ache to be near him, the longing to be with him. I don't think that I will be able to restrain myself much longer.

I haven't even seen him since our breakup, that worries me. I have a cot, which I am sitting on in the corner of the room. Considering that I cry myself to sleep and am basically depressed all day, no one really bothers to approach me. I'm fine with this, I prefer to be left alone.

To my surprise, Edward comes and sits next to me on the cot. I am too sad and exhausted to look shocked, or care much.

"Hey." He says. "Hey." I respond, my voice is choked and small. "I heard that you and Four broke up." A few silent tears roll down my cheeks. "Oh." Is all I can manage to say. He rubs the back if his neck with his hand, just like Tobias used to. "I was wondering if you, umm, wanted to take a walk with me tonight. Maybe have a picnic?" I look up, is he really asking me out? Now? I try to smile, but I can't manage one. "Sorry," I say, "I'm, just in a bad place right now. I don't think, I don't think I can..." My voice falters and a new wave of tears fall from eyes.

I can see Edwards broad shoulders fall. "Yeah, umm, right of course, I'll just go then." I try to give him an apologetic look and he walks away.

Once again, I am alone.

__________________________

Bored, lonely, and depressed I walk around the building. I don't know where I am going, and I don't really care, I just needed to stretch my legs.

Even for being factionless, I look terrible. My short blond hair forms a fuzzy halo around my head. My face is dirty and tear stained, along with my clothes. I have not bothered to change since the break up, a week ago.

I stop, realizing where I am. In front of me stands a tall, thick wooden door. Faded outlines of the numbers 46 are imprinted on the door. I draw in a breath, I am only feet away from him. I act against my will. The door creaks as I open it, turning the brass handle.

I pear inside, the grimy window providing a yellow light across the dusty room. Tobias lies in a messy heap on the old ripped couch.

He is sleeping. His face is covered with unshaven stubble, his greasy hair hangs in his puffy, red eyes. Crumpled tissues lie around him. Despite all of this, he has never looked more handsome to me.

I turn to leave, but am stopped by a voice. "Tris" he moans. "I'm here." I whisper back. I turn around, and see him attempt to sit up. I do not let him get that far. My urges take over, and then my mouth is pressed to his. "Tobias" I sigh. "Tris." He sighs back. Tobias pulls me closer, and in return I grab fistfuls of his shirt, minimizing the already little space between us. I pull off his shirt. He starts taking off mine, and I let him. The air feels cold on my bare back. I love him, the closer and closer I get to him only reminds me of that. He is perfect, I don't care if Evelyn threatened my life, I would rather live one day with Tobias then a life time without him. I love him, I love him, I love him.

---------------------------------------------

Hope you all enjoyed! Please comment and vote! All of my readers are so incredible, and I thank you all. :-)