Chapter 15

Tobias drags me across many miles of land, my legs ache for rest.

Finally we reach the old abandoned park. The large metal Ferris wheel stands out in the golden morning light. "Here we are." Says Tobias. "The bathrooms are over there." He points to a small building across the park.

Despite being utterly exhausted, I begin the trek to the restrooms so that he won't know that I was lying.

__________________________

When I return from the bathrooms, Tobias is exactly where I left him.

"I was hoping that this place would spark some memories." His words are pleading.

I try to focus on the Ferris wheel and then back on him, but I can't seem to make any direct connection.

"I'm sorry," I begin "I just don't remember." Tobias looks disappointed somewhat, I wish that he didn't. "Maybe this will help jog your memory." And then his lips are on mine. He smells like wind and metal, he smells safe.

I don't remember our past, but I know this. I am falling in love with him, supposedly again.

Under that brittle, protective shell lies a sweet, warm, sensitive boy. I am very fortunate to meet this boy, this is the boy for whom I love. For whom I can see myself spending the remainder of my life with.

Our kiss becomes more intense, and without meaning to, I whisper, "I love you."

Tobias pulls back, he looks incredibly surprised. "Did you just say that you loved me?"

I look down at my feet, "Well, um, yeah."

"Do you remember everything?" Joy rises in his voice, I don't want to crush it.

"No." It comes out almost as a whisper.

Neither of us speak for a long time.

"We should go, before someone spots us." Tobias says, as though some awful memory were associated with being caught here.

"Where are we going, you told me that the factionless sector wasn't safe anyone."

"Then we will have to find someplace else to go."

---------------------------------------------

Please comment and vote!