Chapter 8

"We can't tell anyone, you know." I tell Tobias as I snuggle with him on the small couch. I finally earned the title of Six.

We have been lying here for a while. I told him about Evelyn and her threat, and me being kidnapped. I could feel his muscles tense at the mere mention of his mother. After that we kind of just laid there in silence. I guess, that Tobias was trying to absorb all of this information.

After a long silence, Tobias responds, "I know."

In silence, we snuggle together, enjoying each other's warmth. It is nice to be together like this, even if it has to be a secret. I know that I can't sleep in the same room as Tobias, that would raise suspicion. Yet, I really don't want to sleep on that dirty cot in the lobby.

Eventually, I can feel his chest rise, and fall with steady breaths. He is asleep, so I slip from his protective embrace. I feel cold now that I am not with him.

I get dressed, and leave the room, I have to keep up this depressed act, so I don't shower or change my clothing. Dirty, smelly, and faking being depressed, I walk downstairs.

Exhausted, I drop onto my cot and fall asleep the second that my head hits the pillow.

---------------------------------------------

Please comment and vote! :-)