Chapter 11

I breath in the crisp morning air as I walk hand in hand with Tobias. Despite the current mess I am in, at this very moment life seems peaceful.

We walk through familiar and unfamiliar paths, until I spot it, the Ferris wheel. The first place that I realized that I love Tobias.

We walk up to the tall metal ladder. I dare a glance at Tobias and can see the beads if sweat forming on his forehead. He is scared of the height. "We don't have to do this you know," I say, "we can sit down here." "No" he replies, placing a shaky hand on one of the bars.

I climb up after him, careful to test each bars weight before climbing it. We reach a ledge and Tobias sits down. There is barely enough room for the two of us. He leans back and I lay my head on his chest, listening to the fast heartbeat and quick breaths.

We sit there in silence, enjoying each other's presence. "I love you, you know." He states. "I love you too." I reply. And I really do mean it, Tobias is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me and I hope that I will never have to let him go.

He sits up, and I move my head to his shoulder. I am barely tall enough to reach it. He takes my face in his hands, calloused from jumping on and off of too many trains. "I will never let anyone or anything hurt you. Especially Evelyn." I stare into his big blue eyes. Nothing else in the world seems more relevant at that moment. Then he fits his mouth to mine.

He pulls me closer, wrapping his strong arms around my waist. I take in fistfuls of his shirt. Despite it being windy and chilly out, I feel warm. A burning trail is left on my skin as Tobias moves his hands down my back. Our kisses increasingly become more desperate, as if this is the last moment that we will ever have with each other.

I do not know how long it is until I begin to feel cold again. The wind whipping my hair across my face as I look at the glowing horizon. We must have spent all day here, though it feels like it has only been minutes.

"Tris, I know that we aren't exactly in the ideal situation. With us having to keep our relationship a secret, but I do know that I am not going anywhere. Everything else in this world may not be ok, but we are." I smile as I lay on his chest. In the corner of my eye, I see him fiddling with something in his pocket. "I love you, more then anything. You are brave, smart, and selfless. My only regret in life is not realizing how incredible you were sooner." He slips out a simple black box, happy tears begin to well up in my eyes. "Tris will you make me the happiest man alive, and marry me?" I am about to respond when I hear a gunshot. A sharp pain burns in my lower thigh. I can feel the warm, sticky trickle if blood begin to pool. I look down, terrified to find the bright red liquid. Blood is a very odd color. Tobias's eyes are wide and pained. I look down, searching for my attacker. Even from this distance, I can see the tall figure. Her brown hair whipping across her face, covering her deep blue eyes. A snarl dances across her thin lips. Evelyn shot me, and I don't believe that she was aiming for my leg.

__________________________

Tobias keeps muttering nonsense as he carries me. I don't know where we are going, and I am too disoriented to care. The major blood loss makes me feel drowsy, I feel as though someone were pounding a hammer to my skull. I fight to stay conscious, but I can feel it slipping away from me.

I hear gasps, and screams as Tobias runs by a group of Amity. Amity? We shouldn't be near any Amity.

The pain is excruciating as Tobias carries me, my legs slightly bouncing up and down. I wince with pain.

On the brink of consciousness, I am taken into a large, grey building that I hardly recognize. I hear voices, to distant and muffled to make out. My struggle for consciousness falters and I watch as my vision dances with black spots. Enveloping my eyesight until I see, hear, and feel nothing.

---------------------------------------------

Comment and vote! To promote my other story, Allegiant (continuation) I will be dropping hints about the plot in this story. 😉

Hint #1- Tobias is afraid of two things.