Chapter 17

(Initiation day)

"Are you sure that you are ok?" Tobias pleads me.

"Yeah" I mumble back.

For the past day or so I have been feeling awful. My stomach churns terribly, and I have thrown up both this morning and yesterday's morning.

I'm probably just sick, but I've never felt this kind of sick. This is different, strange. My stomach doesn't feel like cramps, but rather something else.

"Come on," Tobias picks me up, "you are lying down."

I feel warm and comfortable in his embrace despite our recent 'complication'.

He lays me down on a patch of grass, the blistering evening sun burning my exposed skin.

"Feel better?" Tobias looks so concerned, and so handsome. I try my best not to notice his chiseled features, the line of his jaw, or even the curling black ink on his muscular back, peaking out from from the back of his shirt.

I nod my head, but I honestly didn't hear what he said.

A tear rolls down my cheek, and I see concern in Tobias's warm blue eyes. He goes to wipe it away, but hesitates. I take his hand in mine and guide it to my cheek.

"I really want to remember." I whisper.

Tobias doesn't say a word, but slowly leans in closer. I can feel his warm breath, his thin lips draw me closer to him.

His lips are now brushing up against mine. When I hear something, the sound of a hundred marching feet, crackling brittle leaves, and breaking fallen branches.

I turn my head towards the sound, and Tobias stands up away from me, listening intently at the odd sound.

Then I see it, just over the horizon, lines hundreds of black clothes bodies, each one armed with a large gun.

"What the..." I begin.

"This is it." Tobias's breaths get heavy, like when we were climbing the Ferris wheel.

I remember climbing the Ferris wheel, like ripping off a bandage, I remember it all at once.

"Tobias!" He turns to me an annoyed and worried look in his eyes.

"I, I remember." He helps me to my feet and presses his soft lips to mine.

I press closer and closer to him, looping my thumbs in his belt loops. He pushes back.

"I love you Tris, and I'm beyond grateful that you remember, but now is not the time."

I push off of him too, incredibly offended.

"No," he clarifies, "that's not what I meant, I know why all the Dauntless are here. They are going to attack Abnegation."

My heart sinks.

--------------------------------------------

Finally got he 15 votes! Please vote and comment for his chapter too. Thank you all so much! ❤️ 15 = Update