Chapter 10

I hang back, as the crowds of factionless push out of the doors. Tobias is making his way off of the stage. Evelyn apparently already left.

I wait until the entire auditorium is empty, till Tobias and I are the only ones left.

He walks up to me, a smile on his face. I can feel the bubble of anger inside of me grow as he takes each step.

He reaches me and presses his lips lightly to mine. I briefly forget that I am angry at him, until I am flooded back into reality. I push him back, hard enough to make him stumble, gripping onto the torn seats behind him. "What the..." He begins. I interrupt, "You said you wanted nothing to do with her! Then she kidnaps and threatens me, and now your her parter! I trusted you! I loved you!" I yell through my tears. Each one stings as it rolls down my cheeks. "Tris, I can explain." "How!" I respond. "You meant everything to me, I risked my life to be with you, and then you betray me!" The tears are coming faster now. "Tris!" He says gripping my shoulders. "I love you, and I would do anything for you. Just listen to me." I stay silent, and he continues. "Have you ever heard the term, keep your friends close and your enemies closer? I don't trust Evelyn, and I will never forgive her for what she did to you and I. She abandoned me as a child, leaving me with him. And then she threatens the one good thing in my life, I can not and will not ever forgive her. But, right now I need to get close to her before I can take her down, understand?" I nod, and the tears stop.

"Why don't I take you out on a date?" Tobias says with a sad smile. "Are you sure that Evelyn won't grow suspicious that you are gone so long?" I ask. "Who cares?" He replies. I laugh and take his hand. Together we walk out of the auditorium and into the blinding daylight.

---------------------------------------------

I think that Tobias and Tris deserve a little happiness, what do you think?

:-) (Please comment and review)