Four

"So, does that mean were mates?" Harry asked hesitantly and Draco sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I don't know."

"We should go to Dumbledore. He might know the answer and what to do. I also never finished my talk with him so..."

"Not now, surely?" Draco asked, eyes wide. Now was too late, surely they would get into trouble?

"No, how about me and you meet in front of the Gargoyle that leads to his office around seven--"

"Why are you doing this?" Draco interuppted.

"Sorry?"

"Why are you helping me? Why do you always have to interfere? Look, I came to the library, not because you asked me too, but because I wanted to know what was happening to me! I'm a--a freak and your just making everything worse, so you can go to Dumbledores office but I, I'm going to go back to my own life and you can go back to yours, got it?" Draco snapped, turning away. He felt Harry grab his elbow.

"No." Harry said simply. "Whatever is happening to you is affecting me. You and I both know that we have to go see Dumbledore together, to get answers both of us want. So, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, Draco, but I'm going to interfere and I'm going to keep interfering until I get answers." Draco huffed, snatching his arm away from Harrys vice-like grip.

"Alright." Draco snapped. "Now, if you excuse me, I want to get some sleep." Draco then turned out of the library, hearing Harrys snort as he walked away. Draco tried to be as quiet and discreet as possible. He sighed in relief when he finally reached the Slytherin portrait and said the password, revealing the Slytherin common room, where Pansy was seething in a chair and Blaise was just looking at her, amused.

Draco tried to sneak past Pansy but--

"Where have you been?! All of a sudden you just run of somewhere, gone for an hour! I--" Before Pansy could scream more, however, Draco interuppted her.

"Well," he said loudly, "I am quite tired so, if you don't mind, I'm off to bed."

"Yes, I do mind!" Pansy shouted and Draco ran from her, throwing open the door to the Slytherin dormitories and closing it as soon he got inside. He sighed and rested his head against the door, he had gotten away. No way he would tell her he had just been hanging out with Potter in the library, only to find out they might be mates.

Draco banged his head against the door. Potter was the last person he would want for a--a mate. He sighed, walking over to his bed and sat, staring at his hands, his jaw clenched. He, then, decided to go in the bathroom, wanting to look in the mirror. As he looked in the mirror he started tracing the marks around his eyes with his hands. Why did he have to be so different than from everyone else? Why him and not Potter, he was always going on stupid adventures and what not, but, this time, he would be going on an adventure with Draco himself.

What right did Potter have to interfere himself with Draco? Sure, whatever was happening was affecting him but he wasn't the freak. He wasn't the one who would have to be disowned by his father because he couldn't become a business man and, instead, would have to be a  dragon tamer because, as Dumbledore had told him, it was in his blood. Harry wasn't the one who had to become a death eater against his will. He was suddenly taken out of his thoughts when he had looked back up, staring at the mirror.

His marks were, instead of glowing an angry red like he had read, they were glowing a harsh purple instead of just boring, outlined black marks around his face like it had been earlier. His eyes had changed colors like the book had said and now his eye color was, like his marks, a cool purple. God, he looked like even more of a freak. He was alone in this, he was alone in feeling like a freak. He punched the mirror with his fists, which shattered everywhere, his anger rising up.