Amarendra Devsena Shot 9..

Devsena stood still.Her heart thumped with pain.She could not let herself come to terms with the happenings.With staggering steps and a void in her heart she reached the place where her mate was laid down.

She caressed her pale face.There was a faint smile on her lips.She had never seen a smile there when she was taking breaths.If she would let him know the reason for that bliss she felt after leaving her off guard.Too soon for soul like her to transpire to heaven.

D-"No.No.

Avantiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii."

The loud shrieks and cries reached eevry corner and walls of the palace.The storm entered and devastated everything.Maharani Devsena broke down into loud sobs which did not fail to reach ears of helpers and every nooks of palace.

She had her face down.Her hand held on to Avantika's.Devsena raised her face as cries of new born reached her ears.Her eyes shined with joy but that soon faded away as she recalled the moments.What had they not planned to welcome the baby.

What had they not planned to welcome the baby

The helper handed over the baby to her.She kissed the baby's head and hugged her keeping her near her chest.

Helper-"Its a girl Maharani.Rajkumari Avantika was too weak and not on good health to endure the pain.Sufferrings made her condition worse and we could not save her.By luck she took her last breathe we took child out."

Realization dawned upon her.She was a Queen and she had her responsibilities.Avantika deserved a farewell with much respect and love.She would let no one raise a finger at her least when she died a death she never wished for.

She cleared the streaks of tears from her face and stood up holding the baby in her arms.

D-"Make arrangements for Rajkumari Avantika's last rights.That should be grand."

H-"Maharani before that we have to inform Raajmata,Maharaj Amarendra."

Devsena raised her brows and her eyes searched the chamber.At such a time though she despised to look for person her eyes were expecting.She was confused with absence of a husband and father.