Chapter 6

"Thanks for listening" I smiled tightening my hold on his hand. He hesitated for a moment before he said "Thanks for opening up to me, especially since I've been an asshole to you lately" he laughed.

After that, we talked for hours and hours. At 10:00 pm we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

-----------------------------------------
The next morning was like any other. I woke up and got ready for school, I had breakfast with Dean and went to school. Isabella was getting a ride from Jordan. But we were meeting up at school before classes start since the guys have football practice and neither of us have a car.

I keep on going over last night, Damon and I were talking like we were friends since preschool and I did tell him my darkest memory but not everything about it. He really isn't that bad, I learned that he has a sister and a mom. He said his dad died when he was 2 so it didn't affect him that much and he talks highly of his mom which I think is really nice. But this doesn't mean anything right? We were just talking, like friends. Yay friends.

"Hey, Amelia you alright? You look tired" Isabella said as she opened her locker. 

"Yeah I'm good, I just have a fight on Friday. Can I tell you something?" I need to tell someone about me and Damon's talk. She nodded nonchalantly. Probably thinking I'm gonna ask her to help me train.

"Damon came to my apartment complex last night after I kicked him in the groyne at the coffee shop for asking me to kiss him in return for my bag, which he was holding above his head. Later that night he asked to talk so I went to the roof with him to see what he wanted he apologized and we ended up talking and I told him I was kidnaped when I was younger and now I think we are friends." I say all at once taking a huge breath after. She just looked at me with shock. Like a deer and I'm the head lights.

"He what?! you guys talked?! You're Fri...." she shouted but I covered her mouth muffling the last part. She looked so mad, but she also looked taken aback. She was breathing heavy and it was making my hand warm she looked down at it and she smacked it away.

She was about to yell again but I spoke first putting my hands on her shoulders, "Shhhh... okay? He isn't that bad." I said in an inside voice. she nodded and calmed herself down. I dropped my arms.

"I still don't understand? Why would you tell him your darkest memories?" she asked, she didn't look mad anymore. I shrugged, I can't answer it because I don't know myself. she sighed. "You like him?" she asked and I was shocked.

"What no, as a friend yeah but nothing else, like I said before I'm not a fan of his ways with girls but it doesn't mean we can't be friends," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Well I guess it won't hurt if I try too, if it makes you happy," she said with a smirk, "but it doesn't mean I like him I still find him sketchy," she said with a pointed look. I laughed and hugged her and I saw her smile before.

"Damn, I love you" I laughed and she laughed along.

"Let's go watch the boys there practice doesn't finish until 7:30 and classes start at 8:00" she smiled. I nodded and we linked arms and walked out to the field. We got to the field and decided to sit at the top of the bleachers. we sat down and watched the boys toss the football to each other.

"Why do they throw like girls??" I whispered to Isabella and she burst into laughter. The guys looked up at us, I turned my head to them and waved. I saw Dean and Jordan and they waved back. I saw that Damon was on the other side of the field talking to coach about something and his back was turned to me so he didn't see me.

"Hey, you guys wanna join? I can show you how" one of the guys on the team asked. I think this was a lame attempt to flirt. I whispered something to Isabella making her laugh, Dean smacked the guy upside the head. I laughed and started walking down the steps.

"Sure but I don't need your help" I smirked, I grabbed the ball from him. "Jordan go far!" I shouted. Jordan ran far, while I warmed up my arms. At this point every single guy was watching, even Damon. I pulled my arm back and steadied myself, I threw the ball perfectly and Jordan caught it. All the guys clapped and I curtsied. It's not the first time I played. When I was younger I would always play with dean and Jordan. The coach had asked me millions of times to join but I denied, I prefer fighting.

"I learned from the best," I said high fiving Dean and Isabella had run down to hug me.

"That is my best friend people" she said as she poked me and I laughed. All the guys were in awe but Damon caught my eye he was walking towards me. Uh oh Dean!

"Good throw woods, you taught her well Dean," he said smiling at Dean. Dean was taken aback probably expecting a flirtatious comment.

"Thanks Damon" I said with a smile. Dean grabbed Damon by the forearm and dragged him to the other side of the field. I looked at Isabella confused. All he did was compliment me and Dean.

"Alright men get back to practice!" The coach shouted and they went to there spots while me and Isabella walked back up the bleachers. I was watching Dean and Damon who were talking still. They didn't seem mad which was a good thing, right?

"What's Dean's problem all he did was compliment you on your throw, which I found surprising because I thought he was gonna say something dirty," Isabella laughed. I turned to her and smiled.

"I told you he isn't that bad," I said like a child who won the whole candy store. She laughed and punched my arm lightly. Then I noticed that Dean was walking up the bleachers towards us.

"You met up with Damon last night?" Dean said with his head low. He didn't seem mad more confused than anything.

Damon told him, what exactly.

——————————-
I hope you guys are enjoying the book😊
I know this book is about a girl who fights and I'm getting to that🤟🏼