1

I had my long black hair down and I was in my training dress. I was with one of my horses training them for whoever will buy her. I smiled as I did some cycles with her and then got off to check on my brother and papa.

"Papa are you and D'artagnan ready yet?" I asked with a smile as I walked inside our small house.

"Yes we leave in a few my dear." He said kissing my forehead.

"Where is my idiot brother?" I asked with a laugh.

"You mean the handsome fighter?" A voice said from behind me.

"More like a handsome idiot of a fighter." I said turning to face my brother.

"You wound me Mari." D'artagnan said with a laugh.

"I know I can." I said with a smirk.

"Your on!" He exclaimed running after me.

I grabbed my sword off of the table and quickly dodged him.

"En garde!" I yelled attacking him with my sword.

He blocked it and we started a playful fight. I laughed as I knocked him down and caught his sword.

"I win." I said with a smile.

"How is it you a girl is better than me a man?" He asked with a smirk.

"Cause I don't have as big of a ego as you brother of mine." I said handing him is sword.

"Alright you two let's go to Paris!" My father yelled with a laugh as he rode up to us.

I smiled as I jumped onto my black horse and placed my bag onto her. I had pants under my skirt so all I had to do was roll it up and ride freely. I smiled as we started our trip and then after awhile we made it to a inn where me and D'artagnan put up the horses. I heard someone coming and went over to my horse to pet her as two men walked into the barn a fight started when we heard a gun go off. I ran outside to see my father injured, D'artagnan grabbed him and fell to the ground with our father in his hand.

"Father! Father." D'artagnan yelled.

"Athos.... the Athos." Our father whispered before closing his eyes and passing away.

I felt tears stream down my face as I watched D'artagnan hold our father. I stood up and walked into the barn and fell to the ground in tears. After awhile I went to my horse and pulled out a hair net and put my hair in it while takin some hair out of it. I made it look boyish and I grabbed a hat that was dropped by one of the musketeers and placed it on my head and took of my skirt leaving on my leather pants.

"Mari?" D'artagnan asked shocked to see me.

"I can't let them know I'm a girl..... they won't fight me fair and won't see me as a threat so I'm making myself look like a man so I can help avenge our father." I explained as I slide the hat down to cover my face.

D'artagnan sighed as he hopped onto his houses and we left to find the man who killed our father. When we made it to Paris we stopped at a inn where my idiot of a brother got charged with murder and had to run from the guards. I met up with him while he was beside a woman.

"I can't leave you alone for a whole night without someone calling you a murder." I said with a growl.

"Is this your traveling companion?" The woman asked softly.

"This is..."

"Mari his.....brother." I said with a bow.

"I'm Constance Bonacieux." She said with a smile.

I watched as my brother passed out and I ran to his side. The woman helped me stand my brother up and we took him to her house.

"Thank you very much." I said softly.

We left to her house where she helped with my brothers injury. I let out a sigh as I laid down to rest. When I woke up Constance told me my brother had already left I arrived in time to see my brother fighting who I believed to be Athos. I let out a growl as I watched the men who was with Athos help him. I quickly pulled out my sword and helped my brother fight them. It ended with D'artagnan on the stairs with two blades pointed at him and my sword against Athos' neck.

"Stop fighting! All of you! Is three against two really fair?" Constance asked in anger.

"We weren't going to kill them." Athos said watching my hand.

"Weren't we?" The bigger one asked.

"Next time let us know." The one with his blade still near my brother said.

"Mari please put down your blade." Constance begged.

I let out a growl as I moved my sword away from him and went over to check on my brother. I helped him stand up and turned to see Athos watching me.

"He actually could have killed you Athos." One of them said.

"I know Aramis.... I have to say I'm impressed." Athos said looking at me.

"Porthos I believe we found someone who could beat our Athos." Aramis said smiling at the other man.

"The captain is coming." Porthos said as a man rode up in a horse.

"Athos I hate to do this but..... I am forced to arrest you for highway robbery and murder." Captain Treville said sadly.

"I understand." Athos said handing over his weapons.

I helped D'artagnan follow them to the castle to see the trial it ended with Athos being guilty. I let out a sigh as me and D'artagnan went to help the two musketeers find who really killed our father. We went to find some musketeers and found them all dead and in civilian clothing. After awhile we met a man named Dujan who told us about a man named Gaudet who was behind everything.

"Wait for my signal. Surprise is everything." Aramis said quietly.

D'artagnan took off running yelling, "Gaudet!".

"Surprise could have been everything."

I let out a sigh as I followed behind him. We where able to take them all out, but D'artagnan ended up killing Gaudet when he tried to kill him. We where able to clear Athos because of the uniforms we found.

"Thank you both for your help." Athos said with a small smile.

"It was nothing." D'artagnan said sending me a smile.