3

I was sitting beside Athos as we watched Emile Bonnaire as he flirted with a woman. After awhile a woman walked inside and attacked him. I let a laugh passed my lips as the man tried to get away. We soon stopped some people from attacking him. I smiled as we allowed Bonnaire a few minutes with his wife, Maria Bonnaire. After awhile we left to take Bonnaire to Paris. On the way we saw two men tracking us so we made a short cut which ended with Porthos being attacked. We rushed to a house not to far away and we made it inside.

"Where did you even find this place?" D'artagnan asked Athos.

"I own it." He said walking away.

I walked through the house and looked around. I came to a empty room and looked at a picture.

"I never thought I would ever come back here." Athos said from behind me.

"What happen?" I asked turning to face him.

"My younger brother Thomas was killed by.... my wife. I was forced to have her hung outside on that big tree." He explained.

"I'm sorry." I said walking up to him.

I placed my hand on his cheek as I looked up at him. I felt him lean into my hand and then he closed his eyes moving closer to me. I closed my eyes and moved closer to him and right when our lips almost touched we heard a gun. We both ran outside to see Bonnaire and his wife escaping. We followed after them to see that his wife had been killed it wasn't long before he returned with my brother. After awhile we made it back to the house where I watched as Athos left for town. I set at a table as I waited for him to return. When he got back I watched as he grabbed some bottles of wine and a glass. I let out a sigh as I walked up to him and took the wine from him.

"What are you doing?" He asked reaching for it.

"She isn't worth it Athos. You are a great man, a kind and couragous man." I said with a sigh.

"Hand me the wine." He said reaching for it.

I backed away putting the wine out of his reach. He reached for it once more backing me against the table. I looked up to see Athos looking into my eyes. The next thing I know my hat has been thrown off of my head and my hair has fallen down, as Athos pressed his lips against mine. I let my hands run through his hair as I pulled him closer to me. After awhile I pulled away looking up at him. I watched as he took the wine and locked himself in a room. I took a deep breath before I left the house to clear my head, when I made it back the house was on fire. I ran inside screaming for Athos. I finally found him on the floor, I ran over to him and helped him up and out of the house. We made it out and I ran to grab some water and poured it on his face.

"She is alive." He said shocked.

"Who?" I asked looking at me confused.

"My wife." He explained.

I felt my heart shatter as we left to get back to Paris. After awhile we left to seeBonnaire. We gave Bonnaire to Spain and I set down beside Athos after returning from helping in the plan. I kept my hat on while I poured a drink.

"Hey Mari can I talk to you?" Athos asked standing up.

"Of course." I said standing up and following him.

We walked outside and he had me follow him. We made it far enough away and after awhile we stopped walking and he turned to face me.

"Thank you for not telling them what happen." Athos said softly.

"It isn't my place." I said softly.

"I didn't just wanna talk to you about that.... I wanted to talk to you about the kiss." He said scratching the back of his neck.

"I understand it was just in the moment..... it's fine. I know you have no feelings for me." I said turning to leave.

"That isn't it." Athos said as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me against him.

"Then what is it?" I asked looking up at him.

Athos looked down at me before pressing his lips against mine in a heated kiss. I ran my hands up his chest and through his hair.

"I am falling in love with you." I whispered as I pulled away.

"I..... know I am in love with you." Athos said with a smile.

I smiled as Athos pressed his lips against mine once more. We pulled apart and left to go back to our rooms. I made it to where I was staying and laid down thinking about the kiss I had with Athos and how I only hope I will have another one.