7

After five years my son and daughter had grew up looking like me and their father. My daughter Al loves to help me with chores while my son, Trey, loves to have play fights with me. I have raised them in a small house with enough room for six people and in a village that has enough supplies for us. I made a small farm so I didn't have to spend most of my money buying new things. The place I moved to isn't to dangerous so my children can go where ever they need in the village. Since I live a little while away they spend there time with the other kids playing.

Today they had been late coming home so I grabbed my sword and cloak and went to find them. I hadn't made it or the door when I saw them on a horse with three people, one looked to be injured. I ran inside to get everything set up and watched as they brought the man inside.

"What happen?" I asked checking his wound.

"My friend was stabbed." A voice said.

I looked up to see Aramis and I looked on in shock as I removed the hat from the man to see Porthos.

"Aramis?" I asked shocked.

"Mari? Your alive?" He asked staring at me.

"Yes but Porthos might not be if we don't stitch him up." I said grabbing some cloth and water.

After awhile we got him cleaned up and stitched. I had my kids take the horses to get food and water. I showed the queen to her and her son's room and then I started supper and listen as Aramis told me what happen.

"So this is the queens son.... he looks like his father, but has his mother's hair." I said with a smile.

"Yea..." Aramis said sadly.

"I know your work Aramis.... don't even try to lie." I said with a laugh.

"I know Athos' work.... your son looks so much like him." He said with a smile.

"How is Athos?" I asked sitting down.

"After you left he spent months looking for you...... he went back to drinking. Since you left he does more dangerous things than me and D'artagnan."

"I wish I could see him, but I don't think he could forgive me.... I left while pregnant with our children." I said as I got up and stirred the soap.

"Well I guess you will find out soon. Athos and D'artagnan are on their way here I had someone from the village tell them as we brought Porthos.... your children are very kind... they have your heart." He said with a smile.

"And their father's stubbornness." I said with a laugh.

After awhile my children came running in telling me that there was two men riding toward the house. Aramis left to see who it was and when he came back I saw D'artagnan and Athos walk inside.

"Hey how about you take the Queen and her son and go wash up." I said softly to my children.

"Yes momma." They said as they went off with the Queen.

I let out a sigh as I went back to the stove and finished cooking.

"Athos before you say or do anything..... think." Aramis said before walking into the kitchen.

I turned around to see Athos and D'artagnan staring at me.

"Hi." I said softly.

"Your alive." D'artagnan said hugging me.

"Yea and your a Musketeer I see." I said with a laugh.

"What happen why did you leave?" He asked confused.

"I had something I needed to take care of.... I'm sorry." I said sadly.

Athos stared at me and before he could say anything Al and Trey came running into the room.

"Why didn't you tell us you where a Musketeer?" Trey asked hugging my leg.

"Now who told you that?" I asked looking down at them both.

"Mister Porthos. He said you where one of the best and that you saved his life multiple times!" Al exclaimed happily as she tugged on my dress.

"Of course Porthos did.... aren't you both suppose to be with Anne and her son?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

They looked at each other and ran back to wherever they came from. I let out a laugh as I saw them come back with her and Dauphin.

"So are you gonna tell us more?" Trey asked with a smile.

"I guess I could... later they have had a long journey. D'artagnan I have rooms for all of you." I said softly.

"Thank you Mari." He said with a smile.

"Wait your D'artagnan?" Al asked happily.

"Yes I am.... and you are?"

"Al de la Fère and that's my brother Trey de la Fère.... mommy has the same last name as your first."

"Well it's actually my last name but I don't use my first." He said with a smile.

"Al this is your uncle remember I told you about him." I said with a smile.

I watched them talk and then I saw from the corner of my eye that Athos was staring at me and our children. I let out a sigh as I had the kids go and get the bowls for supper and put them on the table. We all set down and started to talk. Near the end of supper Trey got my attention.

"So I have a question." Trey said with a smile.

"What is it?" I asked with a laugh.

"Which one of you all is our father?" Al asked before he could.

"What makes you think one of us is your father?" Aramis asked.

"Well mom always tells us that our father is a Musketeer like our uncle and all of you are musketeers." Trey said with a smile.

"Okay bed time." I said standing up.

"But we aren't tired." Al said with a frown.

"She just doesn't want them to tell us who are father is." Trey said with a frown.

"Bed now or tomorrow you won't be going into town to play with the other kids." I said forcefully.

I watched as my kids ran to their rooms and I let out a sigh.

"Gotta say I fought they would have a better fight." D'artagnan said with a laugh.

"Oh they haven't gave up they will ask tomorrow." I said cleaning up.

"They are your kids." Aramis said with a smile as he went to check on Porthos.

"I'm gonna head to bed." D'artagnan said with a smirk.

"We should go to bed also." The queen said as she took her son to bed.

I put all the bowls in the sink and turned to come face to face with Athos.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked looking down at me.

"I had to keep our children safe I already almost died twice.... I couldn't lose them." I said sadly.

"I would have came with you."

"I know.... and that's why I left without telling you..... Athos I know how you are and I know that Paris needs you." I said sadly.

"What about me.... I needed you.... all I wanted was you screw Paris." He said looking down at me.

"All I wanted was you to be happy." I said softly.

"You made me happy."

I felt tears stream down my face as Athos wrapped his arms around me and hugged me. I put my head on his shoulder and hugged him tightly.