5

I woke up ready to leave for my mission for Treville. It has been a week since I became a Musketeer and since my break up with Athos, who still comes over to "talk" to me. My mission was to go to the Monastery in Chatres and talk to one of the kings informants and get the information she had back to him. On the way I stopped at a inn to get some rest I have a two week trip since she will not be there until a week from now. I laid on the bed staring up at the ceiling as sleep took over my senses. I woke up and after two days I arrived at the Monastery. I went to the room they had for me and I waited for the informant. When she arrived she gave me a list of people and a letter to give to the king. I hid it in my boots and left to return to Paris on the way I stopped at a inn to let my horse rest.

"Hello sir what may I do for you?" The inn keeper asked.

"A drink and food.... no alcohol." I said in a horse voice.

After eating I paid and made my leave, as soon as I left the inn and went to my horse I noticed someone was following me.

"May I help you Madam?" I asked turning to face her.

"Yes you can..... Athos the Musketeer stay away from him." She said with a growl.

"And you are?"

"His wife Anne was the name he called me but you can call me Milady de Winter." She said with a smile.

"You tried to kill him. I don't care what you think you can do but I will not leave my friend."

"Friend you mean lover right?" She asked.

"I don't know what your talking about."

"I know who you are Mariana D'artagnan but you go by Mari." She said with a smile.

"Why do you want me to stay away from him?"

"He doesn't love you and he never will. You are just a plaything to him. He will only love me." She said annoyed.

"I won't leave him..... no matter what you do." I said walking towards her.

"I know... that's what I hoped you would say." She said as she pulled out a gun and shot me in the side.

I fell to the ground and held onto my side as I watched her run away. I saw the Inn keeper come into the room and help me. He placed me on a wagon and took me to a town near by. On the way I passed out, when I woke up four days later I was in a night gown and my hair was down. I went to stand up but I felt pain in my side so I had to sit back down.

"Are you alright my lady?" The inn keeper asked running into the room.

"Where am I?" I asked in pain.

"A small village near Chatres I brought you here after that woman attacked you, your clothing is over there and here is the letters that was in your boots." He said handing them to me.

"I have to be in Paris." I said as I went to stand.

"We sent for some Musketeers." He said with a smile.

"When did you do that?"

"Two days ago they should be here today."

I went to stand and fell to the floor. The inn keeper quickly helped me stand up and put me back on the bed.

"I have to leave. They can't learn I'm a woman." I said in pain.

"You are going to tear your stitches. It shall be fine your friends will except you."

"I can only hope." I said before passing out again.

When I woke up it was to the voice of my brother and friends.

"Where is Mari? Is she okay?" He asked loudly.

I watched as they ran into the room and I saw all of them look at me in shock, except my brother and Athos.

"Are you alright Mari?" D'artagnan asked taking my hand in his.

"I'm fine." I said with a small smile.

"What happen?" He asked sitting on the bed.

"Malady de Winter tried to kill me." I said softly.

"Why you haven't even met her?"

"Because one of her named was Anne de Breuil." I said sadly.

"D'artagnan may I speak to her alone while you talk to the others?" Athos asked looking down at me.

They all left leaving me alone with him.

"She attacked you because of me didn't she?" Athos asked.

"I..... don't remember why she just did." I said looking away.

"Don't lie to me." He said forcing me to look at him.

"Fine she did! Is that what you want to hear? She attacked me because I wouldn't leave you! Because I am a idiot who can't let you go even though you keep hurting me over an over again! Because she knows I'm just a distraction to you so you will forget her." I said through tears.

"Look at me...... you are so much more than that. You give me a reason to not think of her betrayal.... to not wish I was dead... being with you has made me the man I am now.... I am so happy to have met you Mariana D'artagnan because I am in love with you." Athos said making me look at him.

I let a small smile pass my lips as he leaned down and pecked my lips. I smiled as I pulled him closer and wrapped my arm around his neck. I pulled away when I felt pain in my side. I let out a small gasp of pain as he pulled away.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you." He whispered.

"It's okay.... you didn't hurt me that bad." I said softly.

"I love you." He whispered kissing me again.

"I know." I said with a smile as I pulled away.

I heard a knock on the door and let out a sigh as I told them to come in and it turned out to be the guys.

"So finally we have a girl Musketeer." Aramis said with a laugh.

I sent them both a smile as they hugged me.

"So when is the wedding?" Porthos asked with a laugh.

"Porthos!..... I wanted to ask." Aramis said with a laugh.

"We aren't getting married I don't see why you think we are." Athos said confused.

"Please it's so obvious you love her and she you.... so get married!" D'artagnan said with a laugh.

"All of you out an you three can leave to get that information to the king. Oh Mari do you have-"

"Here." I said cutting Athos off and handing it to him.

"Thank you." Athos said with a smile.

I watched as they all left once more leaving me alone with Athos.

"Alright now move over." Athos said sitting beside me.

I moved over so he could lay beside me on my good side, my right side. I snuggled up to him laying my hand over his chest. I laid my head over his heart and listened to it beat. I felt Athos run his hand through my hair. I felt my eyes close as sleep took over my senses.