2

"This is a horrible idea." I said as D'artagnan grabbed his sword.

"I want to prove my worth and besides they need me to help them and they will need you to understand my coded messages." D'artagnan said smiling at me.

"What if this man kills you? Brother I can't loss you." I said looking away.

"Mariana I promise I will be fine..... and if something happens it gives you a reason to punch Athos in the face."

"I do want to hit him." I said with a smile.

"Sister don't worry.... if anything worry about them finding out your a girl." He said with a wink.

"What you think one of them will try to sleep with me?" I asked with a laugh.

"Aramis yes, Porthos maybe, and Athos still trying to figure it out." He said as a placed my hat and armor on.

We made it to a place where we knew the guards would find us. I leaned against a tree with my hat covering my eyes. I watched as they started and then we had to run from the guards. We made it back to the Treville's office where he pretended to fuss at all of us.

"So cap when are we gonna get my idiot of a brother out?" I asked leaning against the wall.

"When we learn what Vadim is up to." Treville said annoyed.

I let out a sigh as I was told to stay with Athos while we guarded the Queen. During the Queen's ceremony the prisoners escaped with my brother.

"So what do I have to do to make you stop hating me?" Athos asked walking near me.

"Leave me be and stop acting like a drunken child." I said glaring at him.

"Do you really dislike me that much?" He asked.

"Yes I do." I said walking away from him.

After awhile my brother gave us a message where Vadim's hideout was and soon we went to find them. When we made it there we saw blood which we believed was my brothers.

"If anything has happen to my brother I swear I will hold you all responsible." I said angry.

"We will find him Mari. I swear." Athos said placing his hand on my shoulder.

I pushed his hand off of me and I walked away from him. We made it to the ceremony and I was forced to stay beside Athos once more. We soon was attacked and started to fight I fell onto Athos. I went to stand out saw my hat had fallen and I quickly grabbed it putting it on. I watched as Athos looked at me and then we left to find my brother. It wasn't long that we stopped Vladim and protected the Queen and King.

"Are you alright Mari?" D'artagnan asked softly.

"I'm fine.... I think Athos may know I'm a woman." I said sadly.

"If he does he didn't say anything.... I don't think he will." D'artagnan said kissing my cheek.

"I know brother." I said with a sigh.

I followed behind D'artagnan as we went to see the guys. I put my hat on and walked inside to see them celebrating. I set down beside Athos and kept my hat on while I poured a drink.

"Thank you for the save Mari." Athos said smiling at me.

"No problem." I said not looking up.

"I will take my leave. Good night everyone." Porthos said standing up.

"I will be leaving as well." Aramis said following him.

I watched as D'artagnan stood up and followed behind them leaving. I took a drink of my alcohol. I looked over at Athos and let out a sigh.

"I won't tell them.... right now." He said taking a sip of his alcohol.

"Why?" I asked looking at him.

"Does it matter?" He asked walking away.

That night I spent most of my night wondering why. After awhile I stood up and looked out my window.

"Athos.... I hate you so much." I whispered to myself.

"Why do you have to make me care for you?" I asked sadly.