4

We have been placed on guard duty to make sure that the Duke of Savoy and the King are safe. We heard a gun go off and we run to find the man responsible. While running I am pulled to the side by someone. I look up to see Athos, who presses his lips against mine quickly.

"You know I do love kissing you, but the Duke of Savoy is in danger love." I said with a smile.

"I know, but the others can find this man. I just want one kiss from you." He said as he leaned down.

I smiled as I placed my finger against his lips.

"You just got that kiss love." I said walking away.

"You are truly cruel." Athos said with a laugh.

"I know." I said as I walked away from him and went to find the others.

After awhile we have to go back to the Musketeer base and talk to Treville who wants to know who the assassin was. I notice that something is going on with my brother and Aramis so I confront the with the others and we learn that the Assassin is Marsac a old friend of Aramis who believes he knows something about a massacre. Athos and I was placed under the Duke of Savoy to protect him.

"Why is it always us?" I asked annoyed.

"He knows we have a connection." Athos said with a smirk.

"Cute but no we have work to do. Then we can think about pleasure." I said walking into the room.

Athos was forced to fight the Duke of Savoy and I let out a small gasp as I watched Athos almost kill him. I followed behind Athos and place my hand on his shoulder only to be pressed up against the wall.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked as fear passed over me.

"He lead the attack...... the scars on his back proves it." Athos said in anger.

"You really wanted to kill him." I said in shock.

"I'm sorry Anne I did."

"Anne?.... your not so late wife.... I should have known." I said pushing him away.

"Mari I swear I didn't mean to call you that." He said as he tried to touch my cheek.

"Lier! You are a no good backstabbing bastard! I hate you Athos or maybe I should just call you Comte de la Fere?" I asked in anger.

"I'm sorry I..... she was my wife I can't help still loving her."

"She also tried to kill you.... I shouldn't have been so stupid.... I never should of let you in my heart." I said as I left him with Porthos.

I went home to get some rest and then after awhile I left to see the Captain. When I got there I saw Marsac with a gun pointed at him.

"Marsac drop the gun now." I said walking inside the room.

"He betrayed us all don't you see!" Marsac yelled.

"He was forced to.... he explained everything to me. The king made him tell..... you shoot him and I will kill you."

"Fine I won't.... I'll just shoot you!" He yelled firing at me.

I pulled my gun out and quickly shot him. I let out a sigh as I saw the bullet hit my shoulder. Treville ran over to me and held onto my wound as Aramis ran inside and ran over to his fallen friend.

"I'm so sorry.... he left me no choice." I said sadly.

"I know.... how's your arm?" He asked running over to me.

"Got me good but.... I'll live." I said with a smile.

After a hour of getting stretches I left to meet with the king and the Duke of Savoy. I kneeled before both of them as I was crowned a Musketeer.

"For your bravery in protecting my people and the Duke of Savoy. I knight you Musketeer." The king said with a smile.

"Thank you my king." I said with a smile as I stood up.

After awhile I left to get a drink, when I walked inside the tavern I walked into Athos.

"I'm sorry." He said softly.

"It's fine you didn't see me." I said looking away from him.

"Not just for bumping into you.... for earlier. I was angry and I took my anger out on you... I never wanted to hurt you..... Anne may have been my wife, but she isn't you.... she isn't the best friend I have ever had.... or the greatest woman to come into my life." Athos said sadly.

"If we where not in a tavern full of Musketeers I would slap you...... and then kiss you." I said with a smile.

"Well my room is in the back." He said looking toward it.

I let out a laugh as he pulled me behind him making sure no one noticed us head to his room. As soon as we walked inside I slapped him and he turned to face me in shock before he caught me as I pressed my lips against his.

"Thank you for forgiving me." He whispered as he pulled away.

"I haven't fully forgave you...... we still can't be together Athos..... I'm a Musketeer now..... this is our last meeting like this." I said sadly looking away from him.

"Well then.... seeing as I can't change your mind allow me to have one more night with you beside me." He said as he turned me around and took my hat off.

I smiled sadly as he kissed me once more as he backed me over to his bed.