so please don't leave

benny sat in his seat a month later, tapping his chin with the end of his pencil lightly. his eyes were following the teacher's notes on the board before his mind trailed off to something else.

his eyes looked beside him, an empty spot where only one person sat and yet they were no where to be found.

he took a deep breath through his nose, his eyes trying to fall back on the board but instead they went to his own notes, but instead of biology notes, they were love notes.

d̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶l̶e̶x̶,̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶?̶  no.

y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶u̶s̶u̶a̶l̶.̶  no.

oh my god just answer me please how do i get to you? i need to find you again
i miss you

benny was unable to accidentally shift again, unable to see her face or visit her in that blank space like she wanted. he wondered if she hated him for it.

benny looked up from his notes slowly, sighing as the school bell rang. benny stood up abruptly, snatching his book from his desk and taking his bag, leaving sooner than most of the students did.

benny could hear whispers around him about him. he was the talk of the school, but not in the way he originally envisioned. it was mostly about his missing girlfriend or how he looked. things he hadn't heard in ages.

benny walked through the hall, as normal before he felt an arm push him from the back and he fell to the floor.

he confusedly turned back to look and seeing a football player who always liked to bully him before alexis arrived. before she was a vampire. ryan hardwell.

"what the heck dude?" benny questioned, trying to stand back up but someone else held him down as ryan snatched his notebook, opening to the latest page inside.

"you're absolutely stunning," ryan read aloud from the book, his friends laughing as he did.

"dude, stop," benny swallowed, obviously embarrassed. "that's not yours."

"that's not yours!" ryan mocked his voice in a higher tone, laughing once again as he recanned the page. "how did i get to you? i miss you! awe! he misses his dead girlfriend guys!"

others really paid attention the keyword there: dead. benny's eyes shot up in anger.

"what is wrong with you? she isn't dead. even if she was, how can you talk about someone like her? she's more amazing than you ever will be, ryan." benny pushed himself off of the football players, snatching his notebook from ryan who looked completely astounded yet.. scarily proud at the boy.

"woah, ho, ho," ryan scoffed lightly, his laugh ran chills through others' body. they knew benny had messed up. "no one, and i mean NO ONE talks to me like that, weir."

ryan knocked benny back down, benny barely catching himself on his elbows. he lightly cringed at the sudden pain. "screw you, dude!"

"hey, hey, benny!" ethan called out for his best friend, rushing towards the group only to be pulled back by one of the other football players. "dude, let me go! benny!"

ryan reached down to grab benny by his shirt, pulling up and holding in the air and swinging his back into the lockers. "what'd you say loser?"

"hey ryan," said a female voice, catching the attention of everyone in the scene with a few others around.

everyone turned to look at the source of the voice, seeing a familiar supposed dead girl standing a few feet from ryan and benny.

"what's this about a dead girl?" she mocked, walking forward creepily. "and uh, you know, who talks to you like what?"