artistic revelations

"you're joining the art club?" benny questioned, leaning onto the locker beside alexis's.

"yes, actually," alexis sighed, rolling her eyes, "you know how much i've always been into the many different arts." alexis took out two of her school books, giggling and shutting her locker, leaning against it to face benny. "at least i'm not the one that plays 'laser chess' and calls it cool."

he rolled his eyes and stood up straight. "i'll have you know, i'm definitely cooler than you. anyways, miss artsy, i'm just saying, that new art club is weird. they're super creepy."

alexis followed benny's eyes that led towards the art room, his face growing more concerned the longer he looked. alexis moved in front of him to cut off the connection, assuring him with a smile. "it's alright. i can take care of myself if they try to paint my face or take me to their evil dungeon!"

alexis began walking off to her next class, benny following quickly to step in her path. "lex, listen. i seriously think something's off about them. i really don't think it's a good idea to join."

"benny, maybe it's your jealousy talking. alright? it'll be okay," alexis repeated, nodding at benny before walking off.

but benny couldn't take no for an answer, he swiftly moved towards the art room, peeking in through the door window.

yes, there were a few guys but they were fixing up art projects and talking to each other. they looked calm and nice.

was benny's uneasiness really just caused by his jealousy?

--

after class, alexis packed up her things to hurry over to the art classroom. she wouldn't want to be late on the first day. plus, she didn't want to be stopped by benny.

alexis knocks on the door before entering inside, instantly being accompanied by a blond male.

his blue eyes seemed to sparkle at the sight. a smile grew on his face and he stuck his hand out confidently. "hey there. i'm travis."

alexis kindly took his hand and shook it, returning a smile. "i'm alexis but you can call me lex."

travis reached for the girl's books. "may i take these for you?"

alexis hesitated a second before nodding. travis took her books and placed them on a nearby table, bringing his hands back behind his back. his head gestured towards people in the room as he introduced them.

"that's jason, the expert you can say. that's zachary, the flirt. be careful of him," travis joked, "and that's derek. don't worry, those are just red contacts."

alexis noticed how derek wore earrings and sat ominously in the corner, texting on his phone. zachary had seemed to wink at the mention of his name, right at alexis. it made alexis shiver. and jason had a look that was similar to benny's, he seemed sweet but something felt weird about him.

"hey everyone, this is lex. she's new to the club," travis introduced the girl, placing his arm around her shoulder comfortably.

"it's nice to meet you all," alexis spoke up, waving lightly.

"we've been looking for new members, we're glad you're here!" travis cheered, leading alexis to behind the table by the door. "this can be your little "workshop," as i like to call them. have fun. we plan on showing something we want to talk about after class."

travis waved and walked off, heading to his station far across from her.

alexis looked around at her station, grabbing a medium sized canvas and placing it on the easel. she whipped out brushes and paint and began working on her art piece, completely focused in her work.