CHAPTER THREE

(Anna's Pov)

My father was always a wealthy man. He owned much land across the town and took full advantage of it. He ran three businesses. One which was importing the materials silk and satin, which was also the most busiest and successful business. Secondly, would be arable farming; in our back garden, my mother had planted many crops, varying from fruit and vegetables. Either her or my father would go to the city market and sell the produce, which was also greatly successful.

Lastly, would be my favourite business of his overall - the stables. Years ago, before I was even born, my father had inherited his first acres of land and decided to do something with it independently. His decision was unique and would favour him highly in the future, as it has. He chose to build a set of stables, that equipped six horses, and slowly led to the sufficient business of his - horse riding.

It was an incredibly smart idea, as it had soon become one the town's hot spots as well as one of the largest tourist attraction sites. In short, my father had made extremely good past choices that led up to his wealth to this very day.

However, as years went by and my father aged, he grew more lazy along with busy. He could only take care of one business and he chose the material importing business, seeing as how it was the most busiest and successful. Though, I would disagree, since there was so much profit made from the stables.

Because of my father having to prioritise that business, he had no other choice but to turn to us who would freely look after the other two businesses. My mother now took care of planting crops, which was easy enough for her. Whereas Herman, my brother, took care of the stables -although he was rarely present and I would mostly take care of it.

Monday till Thursday, I would be the one in charge of the stables. I would be the one to feed the horses, groom all six of them and make sure their needs were taken care of. The other days would be the days Herman actually turned up and took charge of the business when most tourist would come. Taking care of the business he barely owned.

I shivered instantly as the wind picked up, brushing right against me. The snicker which fell from my younger brother, who was trailing behind me, sounded in my ears, causing me to roll my eyes. We were walking to the stable, as it was Monday. The house was vacant as Amy and my mother had gone into the city, and my dad was busy at work. Herman was most likely with him, though there was a possible chance he would turn up to the stable and be there when we reached.

"Why didn't you bring your coat, Anna?" Andrea's small voice asked, causing me to look down at him. He resembled my father so much, that it was sort of scary. He had the same brown hair, golden skin and brown eyes. The only thing that differed between them, was the gentle, calm wave my brother's eyes held, but my father's failed to.

"Because I forgot too." I grumbled, snuggling further into my grey, woolly scarf, wrapped around me like a blanket. That wasn't a lie. I had been busy cleaning the dishes when my mother wondered in and told me to go collect Andrea from school, and to also take him to the stables, making sure he would do his homework there.

"Hurry up," I quietly told him, tightening my hold on my scarf. Andrea sighed, dragging his feet through the melted snow on the ground.

For two days straight, it had snowed, but that being lightly as possible. This morning the little snow that had set on the grown, had melted away when the sun appeared with a surprised visit. The ground was now covered with melted ice, making it slippery to walk through.

However, lucky for Andrea and I, we had just arrived at the stables. The area was isolated, the land was empty, not dominated by a building of some sort, instead there was a green grassy field.