CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

(Anna's Pov)

Loneliness wasn't something I was exactly familiar with. Growing up, I was surrounded by my large family. My mother, my father, brothers, and sister were always around me - regardless if I liked it or not. I had grown familiar with being around people, namely my family.

I had never fought with any of them - seriously fought with them that it would lead to heavy tension to be created between us. For me to ignore any single one of them, or for them to do the same - it just never occurred. It was always just little, petty, forgivable arguments that we'd forget in a few hours or days.

And though the thought hadn't really crossed my mind, naturally, I never thought that would  happen to us. I had never imagined there would come a day that my own family would gain horrible, negative feelings for me and result to do one thing - ignoring me.

My family hated me. They completely loathed me.

My father had never looked at as if I was such filth, a speck of dirt that he wanted to get rid of. Nor had my mother ever looked at me such heavy disappointment or fuelled anger, blazing in her blue eyes. My elder brother's eyes were now filled with disgust. My sister's filled with disappointment and sympathy. And my younger brother, well, let's just say my mother had plans to keep him far as possibly away from me.

I was alone. There was nobody there for me to exchange a few words with, even little pointless conversation that I found myself longing to hear and say. My family no longer spoke to me, my mother and father completely acting as if they only had one daughter and two sons. They were trying to forget the burden - me.

Herman hadn't even bothered trying to communicate with me and most likely never saw me as his younger sister anymore. I didn't blame him if he didn't - I deserved this. I was a whore in his eyes - heck, everyone's eyes.

Andrea, my younger ten-year old brother was no longer allowed to be around me. I wondered what kind of excuse my family had come up with, what they told him about me, knowing they wouldn't expose the truth to his ears. He was a little kid, after all. He could go blabbering his mouth off to anyone.

And there was Amy. My elder sister by two years, the person I was most closest with and shared a natural bond with. From when we were toddlers, we were always together. I had always shared my bedroom with her, we would always tell each other our secrets and be those two sisters who were the complete opposite of each other, yet were somehow the closest people ever.

My mother had told her to ignore me. She had told her not to speak with me, and only to hand me the food she had made out of pity for me and the growing human inside of my stomach. Amy, strangely enough, listened to my parents. She never really spoke to me. The last conversation we had, not having to do with her telling me to eat the food, was three days ago.

I resented it. The growing feeling of unease, of sadness and loneliness was beginning to get to me. I would spend my days, locked up in my bedroom, not daring to take a step outside of it. I'd spend majority of my time, laying on my bed, fingers tracing the small, tiny bump that had peaked out, all whilst I listened to the agonising sound.

Silence... The most painful sound to a lonely person's ears. It had become my best friend over the past few days. I had grown familiar with it, spending my days listening to the torturing sound. The painful screams of silence, slowly beginning to drive me insane.

When my hidden truth was revealed to their eyes, everything went down hill. I had anxiously thought about how I would tell the news to my parents, Amy had even pushed me to tell them than them suddenly finding out from God knows how and taking it worse than if it were to come from me.