CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

(Anna's Pov)

I had never done something like this before. Never had I forged a plan, something that would go against my parents orders and the towns rules. But at the same time, something that would cause such a unfamiliar thrill to spike through me.

I had dressed simple. I wore my favourite long, black dress, that had a slightly lower neckline than my others and for another layer of protection from the cold, I pulled on a dark red, fluffy cardigan, that I knew could keep me warm. My feet were covered by boots, they reached my calf, and tied up at the top.

To be completely honest, I was having second thoughts when I was leaving my home. I took a long glance at my bicycle, which I should have rode to Bible study, where I should have currently been stuck. However, when I remembered the man next door, who was waiting on me, who was probably clueless when it came to food shopping and had no idea about what he was doing, I realized it was better I hadn't gone.

The thought brought a smile to my face, a flutter to my stomach and led me over to his house. My heart had skipped when he opened the door, a smile curling onto his lips when he saw my face. And when he pulled me inside and chastely kissed me, uttering how beautiful I looked.

I remember my heart dropped. I had never been called that, well, not in a long time. Since I was a child or just in my early teens. When he said it, I saw the sincerity shine in his eyes that left me in me speechless. It was only after a very long second, I managed to utter a thank you.

The car suddenly came to a stop and I snapped out of my thoughts, glancing over at Roman. He rubbed a hand across his jaw and lifted his hand away from the gear.

"We're here?" I quietly questioned. He hummed in response, pulling out a phone, similar to the one Amy had and tapped it's screen. 

"This is where Big Bills Daily Market's supposed to be," He licked his lips, glancing outside of his window and nodded. "I see the sign, the parking area's full according to this. We just have to walk down the road."

"Oh, okay." I whispered out. He sent me a small grin and hopped out the car. He looked so warm and cosy in the cotton, black jacket, with fluff on the collar he was dressed in. A grey beanie covered his head, jeans and boots covered his legs and feet. I was tempted to cuddle up to him.

Surprising me, he opened the door to my seat. I smiled shyly, stepping outside and taking his hand when he held it out to me. We began walking and I tried to register the fact I was walking hand in hand with Roman, luckily in the city where not many people from the town went to. Unless they had business or something to do here. I had hope I wouldn't catch a familiar face today.

It wasn't long until we were walking inside the entrance door, warm air instantly embracing us, as Roman pushed the small trolley in-front of him. I hesitantly held onto his arm, feeling relief fill me when he didn't push me away. Though I did doubt he'd do that. I guess I still hadn't gotten used to the fact he and I were... whatever we were doing.

"So," He cleared his throat, peering down at me. "Where to first?"

Pulling out the crumpled paper from my cardigan pocket, which contained a very rushed shopping list I had made for him last night, I glanced over it. "Vegetables and fruits."

He complied with what I said, guiding us over to the isle where fresh fruit and vegetables were. I left his side and picked up a few, such as tomatoes, two cucumbers, lettuce and for fruit; oranges, apples and bananas.

"Are these okay?" I asked him, biting my bottom lip and gestured over to the items in the trolley. 

He grinned at me, nodding his head. "Perfect."