CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

(Anna's Pov)

I never knew I could feel this way. Feel so close to someone that I had met just two months ago, yet felt like I had known my entire life. Roman had been in my life for two months now, nearly three. For the first month, we kept a distance, and slowly became friends over that period of time. Then came the second month and somewhere along there we crossed all lines and entered the forbidden side of life in this town.

To be completely honest - never did I dare think such a thing would happen. I had no intention of being attracted to Roman, especially in such a strong manner. I hadn't dreamed of sharing my personal thoughts with him and growing emotionally close towards him. I hadn't planned on getting to know him well, and trust him this much. Nor did I ever intent to fall in-love with him.

But sometimes things just happen. They're inevitable, there's no stopping them - they just occur - sometimes with no warning whatsoever. I was in-love with Roman.... And everything about him. Just the thought of his face and the mention of his name triggered a smile to break out onto my lips.

I was head over heels in love with him.

Additionally, Roman and I had impressively managed to remain a hidden secret from the towns eyes for nearly three months. We would see each other Monday to Thursday at the stables and every Sunday, which had now become our day. The day we'd sometimes spend in the city, trying out new things, eating new food and other days we'd stay at his home and simply enjoy each others company.

However, throughout those days we failed to ever wash out the flame of desire that would erupt between us. In other words; we were extremely sexually active. We had sex frequently (of course protected on Roman's behalf) and touched each other in intimate ways. It only brought us closer and opened a closed door in my life that I never knew existed until now.

"Bambina," I heard my mother snap, pulling me out of my clouded thoughts. I glanced at her, shaking off my thoughts, realizing I must have zoned out from the way she was scowling hard at me.

"Stop staring off into space and help me out here," She muttered sharply, eyes focused on the seed she was currently planting into the soil. I rolled my eyes and sighed, knowing this was something I had to do.

It was March. Winter had cleared up and now spring was fast on its way. My mother had arranged for us to plant the seeds of vegetables and fruits we'd sell later on in the year, claiming they would be perfectly ripe and ready for when summer would arrive. I, of course, was forced into helping out whilst Amy received a free-pass from my mother. Not to say she wasn't handed any other task to keep her busy.

"I'm hot," I whined to my mother. The small amount of sun shining was shooting on me directly, causing sweat to trickle against my skin from the heat.

"Don't be silly," She huffed, picking up the watering can and showering it upon the seeds she had just covered with soil. "It's not that hot."

Rolling my eyes, I was beyond thankful that my mother's back was facing me. I sighed, forcing myself to reach forward and follow along with her movement.

"Finish planting the strawberries and then put everything away," My mother told me, picking herself up from the ground she was squatting down on. "I need to start on dinner."

Another deep sigh left me as I heard her walk off. I held in a scream of annoyance and forced myself to do as she said. However, as I went on with planting the strawberries, I found myself occasionally darting my eyes upwards and to Roman's home's terrace. I didn't know why, but I had hope he'd appear out of nowhere and be there to entertain me whilst I carried out this boring task.

The abrupt need to see him found itself spiking up inside my stomach. Roman would be home tonight, by eight o'clock from work. I wanted to see him, even though it had only been a day since I last had. The need surprised yet terrified me. I had never expected to long for him so much... But things had changed.