SEVENTEEN

"You've got to be shïtting me" Fern mumbled, letting out an annoyed groan as she dropped her books on top of her new desk.

"You think I'm happy about this?" Finn muttered, leaning back in his chair with a roll of his eyes.

Their history teacher had concluded that their class spoke more than they listened and her decision to remedy the problem would be a seating arrangement. Much to Fern's disbelief, the History teacher directed for her to take a seat beside Finn. That decision had made Fern just about choke on her own spit with disbelief and question what the teacher was trying to achieve. In fact, Fern believed the only reason she was placed next to Finn was so that the teacher could continue to make embarrassing comments about the pair. Her suspicions were confirmed, in Fern's mind, when the teacher gave them a smug grin when she read their names out loud. However, that may have been an overreach.

"This is your fault because you couldn't leave me alone" Fern argued, crossing her arms over her chest with irritation.

"I have no clue what you're on about."

"She put us next to each other so that he could keep embarrassing the shit out of us." Finn scoffed.

"That's a bit far fetched," Finn said thoughtfully. "But who knows at this point."

"It's because she hasn't been laid" Fern grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest and turning her glare to the teacher. Up to this point, Fern had found herself getting along with all her teachers and coach. They had all been understanding and helpful, offering extra assistance in their classes if she wanted it. But Fern and her History teacher had constantly bumped heads, resulting in a very rocky relationship.

"It's not my fault she has a deprived love life." He scoffed, pushing his hair off his forehead and bringing more attention to his jaw line. Her eyes glanced over it before scowling at his smug attitude and stupid pretty face.

"Yes, it is," Fern insisted, glaring at him. "You're the one constantly annoying me." Finn smirked a little.

"Now, look who's imagining things."

"Why don't you go put some more love into her life?" Finn's smirk dropped as a look of disgust raced across his features.

"Are you suggesting I sleep with her? Our history teacher?" He spluttered, his nose scrunching up as his eyes darted to look over the teacher, before returning to Fern. She stifled a laugh at his reaction, satisfied by his outraged reaction.

"Well done, you can keep up."

"That's fücking gross," Finn muttered and flicked her forehead. "You're sick."

"Don't flick me, prick!" She hissed and pushed his books off of his desk. The teacher looked up from her desk and narrowed her eyes at the pair.

"Fern!" The teacher called out. Fern glared at Finn.