Chapter Fifteen

Heads up: A lot of suggestive language in this chapter! Just BTW :)

___

[Adrian's P.O.V]

"You have a date?!" Kat swerved off the road, causing the car behind us to honk their horn angrily, a few suggestive words shouted by other passing cars and a lot of middle fingers flashing under the pale streetlights. Luckily for her, there wasn't another car on the other side of the road, so - miraculously - she didn't crash.

"God, Kat!" I cursed, gripping my seat belt for dear life. "Stay on your lane, idiot!"

"Sorry!" she cried back, pressing a hand to her chest. "Wow, that was scary. I think my whole life flashed before my eyes there. And it wasn't pretty."

"No shit," I commented dryly, my stomach still lurching from my near death experience. "And it's not a date. It's a platonic dinner between friends."

Kat snorted, eyes flickering to the review mirror before flickering to me. "Platonic, my ass. From what you've told me, this Jason kid is really into you,"

"But I'm not into him. That's the important part that you seem to be purposefully forgetting." 

She ignored me. "Now we have to go shopping for your date," 

"It's not a date," I repeated, glaring at her sideways.

"Oh come on, Adrian! You're a hot, young, eighteen-year-old girl. There's no harm in testing the waters a bit," she waggled her eyebrows suggestively. Catching sight of my bland expression, she simply rolled her eyes.

"I don't want to 'test the waters' or whatever bullshit that means," I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest, annoyed that she kept insisting it was. "I like my water just as it is."

"You know that made no sense, right?"

"Well Ms. I-think-I-know-better-because-I'm-older, let's talk about your love life," I countered, pleased when Kat's smiling face dropped down into a scowl. "Oh wait, that's right. You don't have a love life."

"Low blow, Darling. Low. Blow."

I ignored her, too lost in my worry that Jason thought it was a date.

To be honest, I've never actually been on a date. Sure, I've had a few guys ask me out, but those that did turned out to be pussy's or have an alternative motive. Actually, in the total of my whole high school life, I've only had three guys ask me out. Lucas in ninth grade, but he immediately stopped talking to me when he found out Caleb was my best friend. Lachlan in tenth, but that was because he wanted to piss Caleb off for beating him in an intense game of basketball, and Jake in eleventh, but it turned out he really liked Frankie, one of the twins, and only asked me to get close to her. So yes, my dating life had been very bleak but I had never cared before because I always had Caleb by my side. Even before I knew I was in love with him I never wanted to date guys because I always felt like that would come in between me and him. And even though I knew dinner with Jason absolutely wasn't a date, I was still nervous.

I mean, he was a nice kid and all but there was something there that just...I don't know. It just didn't seem right to me. And after everything I've been through lately, I was seriously beginning to question Jason's motive to hang out with me.

But I mean, it wasn't like Jason could possibly have anything to do with TT...right?

Suddenly I wasn't so sure.

We managed to make it to Kat's apartment without further injury, which Kat was obviously proud of by the smile she flashed me when we hopped out.

"Where's Sylvester?" I asked as we shook off our coats walking into her apartment.