Chapter Twenty-Five

Okay, so i don't know when exactly this turned into a multiple person P.O.V but it just happened so just go along with it ;) Your welcome Sam/Kat fans!

___

[Sam's P.O.V]

I could feel her heavy breathing slowly morph into a calm, settled rhythm. Her body was so close to mine that I could smell her fruity scent, her side brushing up against the front of my body intimately. The positioning was pure torture, especially when she unintentionally rubbed her delectable body against me. It was blissful torture.

But I forced my body and mind to focus on the action happening outside, and not the action happening in my pants - or lack of.

My body unconsciously tensed as the sound of footsteps descending, the steps echoing ominously in the darkened area. My arms stiffened, instinctively trying to twist into a defensive position, preparing for an attack before I realised that I was immobile. I held back a growl of frustration, resisting the urge to rattle my chains and howl like a caged animal.

Trapped. Escape. Chained. Trapped. Captive.

Escape.

Run.

Attack.

"Holy shit!" Yelped a young male voice. "Did that dude just growl?"

"Oh man. No wonder why she's got him chained." murmured another male.

I felt Kat tense beside me, a shocked gasp escaping her luscious lips. I peeked one eye open to see her wide brown gaze fixed over my shoulder. For a brief second I allowed my mind to drift from our imminent danger to just look and admire her, the beauty that I had unexpectedly stumbled on.

Her long auburn hair fanned across her small, heart-shaped face, framing her delicate jaw. Her brown eyes were the colour of melted chocolate, flecked with delicate golden embers, framed by long dark lashes that brushed her cheekbones when they fluttered. Her thick dark eyebrows were a new sight, seeing as how many women preferred the thin, barely-there eyebrows. They were a few shades darker than her dark auburn hair, her dark features a startling contrast against her creamy complexion.

Beautiful, I thought wistfully, my chest constricting with an odd emotion that I didn't want to examine.

From the very moment I saw Kat, hunch-shouldered and lonesome on a deserted street, I knew she was different from the other women I'd met. More closed off; guarded. I couldn't explain the fierce need to protect her even if I was held at gun point. The broken innocence in her eyes called to a part of me that demanded I guard her from harm.

So seeing her chained and so helpless threatened to send me into a rage, especially when I registered the horror and confusion on her face.

"Michael? Jordan? What the hell are you two doing here?"

                                                                                  ***

[Adrian's P.O.V]

Despite my earlier bravado, I was a shaking mess on the inside by the time we reached the front of Kat's apartment building. My palms were clammy with sweat, my fingers trembling with the effort of trying to contain my fear and anxiety. Guilt crushed my lungs to the point where I felt like I couldn't breathe, the weight of everything threatening to blow me over like a damned bowling pin.

I sucked in a deep breath as soon as I stepped out of the stuffy building, the fresh morning breeze hitting me face-first. I took the time to close my eyes and center my rioting emotions.