Chapter 12

Hello lovelies! I realized I said I wouldn't upload until I got 30 votes or it was next Wednesday, but inspiration kicked in and I suddenly had the urge to write it down and because I finished it, I couldn't just let it wait. However, this will be the only time I upload before I say it will be uploaded. I hope you enjoy the chapter! :)

30 votes = early update. (MONDAY)

Other than that, you will have to wait until I get back from my school trip and trust me you won't want to wait!

XOXOXOXOXO

Comment and vote! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

I watched the highlights of Briarcliff’s meet and greet with Blake Williamson. I watched as my daughter smiled to everyone she remembered from a couple years ago. I could tell a couple of people were asking where I had gone by the way my daughter looked at them when they asked. She looked utterly confused and I couldn’t help but feel a little guilty about it.

 I knew she didn’t deserve what I had done. I couldn’t blame her. I blamed myself.

 I’m too childish to face my problems. I’m too scared to be courageous for my daughter.

 All I wanted was to see her again. All I wanted was to hold her again. All I wanted was to smell the sweet scent of strawberries again.

 And the moment I got it, I ran.

 I didn’t know what I was so afraid of. The moment I moved to SunsetValley, I realized I was being stupid. I guess I was in some sort of fog that I didn’t know how to get out of. Apparently, running away was my answer. However, as I sat here watching the highlights of the meet and greet in a town five hours away, I felt very alone.

 Sure, Madison and Darin were in the apartment upstairs and sure, the sound of the waves crashing on the shore right down the road permeated the air, however, I still felt empty.

 By the time I realized how stupid I was being, Blake would have already been done with his thing and he’d be getting ready to leave for Rome. Therefore, I decided to go on with my plan. Maybe a fresh start was what I needed.

 I shut off the TV as soon as the anchorman came back on. I got up from the couch, looking around at the unpacked living room. Everything was still sitting in boxes and I knew that I would have to put everything away eventually. I sighed, grabbing my light jacket from the chair perpendicular to my couch and headed out the door of my apartment.

 The cool, summer air whipped across my face inviting me to take a stroll. A couple walked slowly across the street and I couldn’t help the way my heart sank. If only I were that lucky. It’s funny how much bad luck one person could have. I tightened the jacket around my body and made my way for the beach.

 I passed by a couple of apartment buildings and it quickly faded into beach homes, piled against the water. I could hear a couple of children squealing as their parents chased them around on the sand. I smiled as the little girl, who reminded me of my daughter, ran away from her father and landed in the shallow water, screaming as she did so. Her father rushed over to her, picked her up and held her close, probably apologizing to her.