Disruptive Actions

A/N:
Date 1-8-18

Sorry it's been a few weeks since I updated. I've been busy trying to keep up with my other stories and still have time for school work and family :)

Also, funny story, I edited the wrong chapter today. Chapter 6 of this story isn't quite done yet and I accidentally edited that instead of this. So sorry this chapter and chapter 11 of TMoC are both being posted this late at night. Ugh :/

Word Count: 2228

-----

Chapter 5: Disruptive Actions

I run home, not caring about who sees me, only thinking about escaping the Alpha. But he did say he's been watching me, which means he's probably still doing that.

When I get my apartment door unlocked, I push it with far more force than I intended and just barely stop it from slamming against the wall.

I let out a shaky breath as I realize how crazy I'm acting. I slow to a normal speed, closing and locking the door behind me. But then I notice I'm still burning up.

I quickly turn on all of the fans in my apartment to circulate the air. I stand underneath the ceiling fan in the small living room. I wipe the sweat from my forehead and wait to cool down. After another minute, I can't stand the heat any longer.

I rush to the bathroom and take a cold shower, remembering how Scott dealt with the change when he was turning in Teen Wolf.

My situation may be different, but I can still try some tips I learned from the show.

I lean my bare back against the cold shower wall and let the water wash over me. I run my hands through my hair as my temperature finally returns to normal.

When I step out of the shower and get dressed, I try to plan out what to do with the guest bedroom. I'm sort of using it for storage right now, but there are only a few boxes to clear out. Then I need to put the extra sheets on the bed.

My apartment consists of a medium sized living room, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a small kitchen, and a couple of closets scattered around.

One of the bedrooms is larger than the other, but not enough to be called a master bedroom. There's a bathroom connected to that room, which is my bedroom, but the second bathroom isn't attached to the guest bedroom. It's closer to the living room, whereas the bedrooms are across from each other at the far end of the apartment.

After moving the boxes from the guest bedroom to the empty closet in the hall, then changing the sheets on the bed, the room is almost ready for Tyler to move in.

I pull back the curtains, then I vacuum the carpeted floors before carrying on to the bathroom. I make sure everything is clean and fresh towels are in the cabinet.

Now I just have to wait for Tyler to arrive and wonder how I'm going to keep such a big secret from him.

I sit on the couch in wait, slouching into the cushion and trying to relax. The whir of the fans and the traffic outside distracts me. I can hear them clearly, along with people in my apartment building. Their footsteps are loud, just like it was at work today.

"What do you want for dinner tonight?" I hear a woman ask.

"Chicken nuggets!" A girl who sounds like a small child answers cheerfully.

"Honey, you know we're supposed to be eating healthier so you can grow up big and strong." The woman replies in a nurturing manner.

"Momma, please? Chicken nuggets and salad?" The child suggests hopefully.