The Babysitting Gig

A/N:
Released on May 28, 2018

I finally decided to just finish writing this chapter, even though I still don't have my notes back for my books. Fortunately, after thinking on it for awhile, I remembered what needed to go on.

I don't know why I keep telling you each chapter of this story is a longer chapter. There hasn't been a regular sized chapter since the fifth one. I guess I just never realized that the chapters always go over the amount of words that I aim for.

But in any case, here's another long chapter!

Word Count: 2497

-----

Chapter 15: The Babysitting Gig

The next morning, my eyes widen in horror as they fall upon my alarm clock that I forget to set to wake me up.

I hurry out of bed, pulling on a random shirt to go with my pajama pants as I rush into the kitchen, using my heightened senses to listen in on the only other heartbeat in my apartment.

"Tyler! Why didn't you wake me up?" I exclaim, glaring at the clock on the oven as it shines the time mockingly. 10:43 AM.

"You had a rough night. You can visit Holland at her apartment after you eat breakfast." He answers calmly as he sets two full plates of toast, eggs, and bacon on the table.

I attempt to think up an argument through the strong smell of mouthwatering food, but I just can't do it this early in the morning with my stomach rumbling.

After satisfying my stomach, I down a glass of milk and watch Tyler eat. "You're a slow eater. Are you coming to visit Holland with me?"

"I'd love to, but I have a job interview this morning. I'll visit her later today." He says right before shoving another fork full of eggs into his mouth.

"Job interview?" I almost choke, thinking of the job he already has as an actor and how I don't want him to work somewhere else.

Tyler waits a moment to finish the food he's currently chewing. "It's just a temporary thing until acting picks up again. I have to make money somehow while waiting for season two of Teen Wolf."

"I hadn't thought much about that. I have enough money saved up to last a while." I shrug it off, not worried about mundane responsibilities when I have to watch over Holland.

I haven't forgotten what Phil told me last night. Whatever happens to Holland is my responsibility because he's appointed me to be his second in command in the pack.

I'm uneasy about the whole thing, but there's nothing I can do to change it just yet.

~*~

We've all taken turns hosting cast parties, so I remember how to get to Holland's apartment.

When I knock on the door, Holland's mom answers and lets me inside. "I'm so glad that our daughter's made such nice friends. You've all been so supportive." Mrs. Roden praises us with a grin.

My eyes wander to a sign on the wall in the entrance that says, "Shoes off, Please and Thank You!"

I slip off my shoes and leave them on the small rug near the door to accompany the three other pairs of shoes there.