A Beta VS the Alpha

A/N:
Released on December 31, 2018

I have to confess to you all, I wrote most of the chapter today.

I've been busy playing the Sims 4 for a few days, since I got new expansion packs for Christmas, so I've been putting off writing.

But I finished the chapter! Yay me XD

Are you excited or sad to see this is the last chapter of 2018?

Hopefully I'll get on a real writing schedule for 2019! Maybe... We'll have to see.

(I haven't started the next chapter bc I literally worked on this for hours, so I'm not sure if I'll have a chapter up on Wednesday. Maybe I'll shoot for Thursday this week since I'm behind *shrug*)

Anyway, Happy New Year's Eve!!! I wish you the best of luck with your nee years resolutions. (Lol I accidentally typed revolutions the first time! *cough* Hamilton *cough*)

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Word Count: 2594

-----

Chapter 27: A Beta VS the Alpha

The next few days are a bit hectic. While training with Holland and the Alpha, keeping secrets from everyone else, and watching my best friend pull away from me, I feel more lost than ever.

Not to mention the upcoming full moon, which other than being anxious, I don't know how to feel about it.

The weird thing is, Phil hasn't been having us train as much as I thought he would.

He's been pushing and pushing for us to take this seriously, and we have, but we've only been training a few hours a day, which hardly gives us time to get anything done.

And while I don't understand the reasoning behind the schedule he has us on, it's good for me because I have to change the one for today.

I hit Phil's name in my contacts list before I can change my mind, knowing that I have to do this for my best friend.

"What's wrong?" He answers the call. I can picture the frown of disappointment on his face that I know he wears with that tone of voice.

"Why does something have to be wrong?" I immediately fire back, confused as to why he seems to think that I'd be in trouble.

"You don't usually call. I just assumed you needed something." He replies matter of factly.

"Well... I do need to ask you for something." I admit reluctantly. "Can we start training a bit earlier today? I have to meet up with my friends at six tonight. Tyler said it's important, and Holland has to go too."

My heightened hearing picks up the sound of Phil exhaling, as if what I've asked is an inconvenience to him.

I've wondered this before, but seriously, what could the lone wolf possibly be doing in his free time? He's in hiding from his old pack, so he's supposed to be laying low. So why does he always make it seem like he's busy and on some strict schedule?

"I guess so." He says unwillingly, like he doesn't have much of a choice. I'm just glad he isn't arguing with me about this.

Then he continues talking, saying what I thought he would in the first place. "But just remember, the full moon is less than two weeks away. You only have ten days. I hope you aren't taking this lightly."